New Top 10 List

Okay, we’ve done the top ten Testosterone movies, how about the top ten Testosterone rock albums (or whatever kind of music)-the stuff you love to crank in your walkmans pumping you up for those squat workouts from hell! Here’s my list:

1. Slayer-Reign in Blood
  2. Guns and Roses-Appetite for Destruction
  3. Black Sabbath-Paranoid
  4. Rage Against the Machine (self-titled)
  5. Metallica-Master of Puppets
  6. Pantera-Vulgar Display of Power
  7. Kittie-Spit
  8. AC-DC-Fly on the Wall
  9. George Thorogood and the Destroyers-the live one, don’t know what the name is
  10. Def Leppard-Pyromania

In no particular order, Bush Sixteen Stone, Ozzy Blizzard of Oz, anything by Metallica, Back In Black, The second Rage album(that was microwaved on me by a very un-testosterone gym owner), Rob Zombies latest solo effort, Paranoid, etc. Oh what lovely noise!!!

In no particular order…
Killing Culture - self titled,
Cryptospy - Whisper Supremecy
S.O.D. - any
In Flames - any
Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infiniy
Rollins Band - Weight, Get Some Go Again
Sepultura - old stuff
Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Children of Bodom - any
Machine Head - only the first two, the burning red is weak.

There are hordes of others but, my mind is drawing a blank and I don’t want to go look at my CD collection. And, for those of you who are into the classical thing…
Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D minor (even though it probably wasn’t written by him), Little Fugue in G minor
Beethoven - 5th Symphony, 1st mov. 9th Sym. 4th mov.
Berlioz - Symphony Fantastique, 4th mov.
Mozart - can’t remember off hand…but there are a few ballsy symphonies.
Chopin - can’t remember, but he wrote some bad ass etudes.
Stravinsky - Rite of Spring
Mussorgsky - Night on Bald Mountain
And numerous others, once again, my mind is drawing a blank. The classical stuff may not be the best workout music, but it is definatly heavier than most of the shit out there, and Kittie is about as heavy as the shit I’m about to go take.

I could rant on for hours, but seeing as how this is a lifting forum I’ll give it a rest.

My all time favorite albums for training are: White Zombie - La Sexorcisto ; Metallica - pretty much anything but particularly fond of M of P since it goes back to my teenage psycho workouts ; Rage Against The Machine - the self titled one —these are for powerlifiting type workouts…for gvt type volume workouts, I always like enigma to keep me focussed and in the volume zone…

Allright guys, bein that nowdays no one really puts out an altogether great album, I’ll give you a few songs in no particular order that just make me go insane…Until It Sleeps by Metallica, Last Resort by Papa Roach, Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit, GOLDBERG entrance music, Stupify by Disturbed, Broken Home by Papa Roach, Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins, Bloodline by Ghetto Comission, and Metallica “The Black Album” I donno you guys out there listen to this stuff, but it’s definately worthwhile!

Wow, we all should go to the next Ozzfest together or something-we’re all listening to the same stuff which is cool. Jeff, I’m gonna have to pick up In Flames, and the original White Zombie is a great one (Black Sunshine, YEEEEAH!) I can’t believe I forgot Metallica’s Garage Inc although most anything they have out will do the trick. I have been somewhat disappointed with their newer stuff as I grew up on the “old school” Mettalibashers, but Garage Inc, in particular the Mercyful Fate medley was “gold Jerry, pure gold.”

Some good stuff so far. Here’s a few more: The Stooges - Raw Power, Led Zeppelin - II, Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole, Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks

Old Van Halen, Guns 'N Roses Live Era

I’m probably going to show my age here, but here it is: anything by Jimi Hendrix, Anything by Stevie ray Vaughn,old Alice Cooper and beleive it or not Danny Chambers.:slight_smile:

Some of these might be obscure because I like underground industrial and punk music, but these are some worth hunting for on Napster. 1) Rammstein - Live in Berlin. 2) Celldweller. 3) Argyle Park (especially the songs “Violent” and “Scarred for Life”). 4) Skinny Puppy (especially the song “Rodents - DDT Remix”). 5) Circle of Dust. 6) Bauhaus (“Double Dare”). 7) Sisters of Mercy (“More”). 8) Course of Empire (“Infested”). 9) Rob Zombie (“Scum of the Earth” or “American Nightmare”). 10) Rage Against the Machine (“No Shelter”).

Jeff, I just downloaded a song by In Flames (Clad in Shadows) off Napster…all I have to say is-WOW! I’m gonna be taking a trip to the record store tomorrow. Hopefully I can get them here, they kick arse!

Alright - what else can I add to this veritable plethora of classic training tunes (glad to see Enigma popping in there).

Firstly - Strapping Young Lad. Nothing beats the explosive lifts you can rip out while listening to these Canadian nutmen. Destroyed my third Olympic bar last week after hearing Dev scream out “Get over here and suck my buddies cock!!” in ‘Oh my fucking god’. Oh - and if anyone’s heard the live album that comes from - I was there!!!

There’s a few Pig tracks which really get you going. Probably the electronic aspects to it (probably why R. Zombie ftg a few times here).

I’m hesitant to include Opeth, since I end up sitting around listening to them instead of working out. Plus - just one of their songs will probably put you over the hour barrier anyway.

Australian band Damaged (world’s fastest drummer) are always a nice inclusion. Also Fear Factory and anything from the 80’s that has a guitar solo.

My top 10 has to include Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti, AC/DC-Back in Black and Razor’s Edge, Motley Crue’s first effort, Metallica- Ride the Lightning and MOP, Slayer RIB, and Megadeth’s Rust in Piece.

1- definitely Slayer - Reign in Blood
2- Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremacy (world’s fastest drummer by far)
3- SOD - Stormtroopers of Death
4- Deicide - Legion
5- Sepultura - Roots
6- Strapping Young Lad - City
7- Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
8- Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
9- Obliveon - Technocarnivore Mothernouth
10- Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales

Opeth? for relaxing after the workout! You can also try Therion’s Vovin or Deggial.

Yo Andre…nice to see someone else into metal other than metallica and the ilk.

The other guy who posted about SYL...that must have been a fucking awesome show.

The people who posted about In Flames..I would recommond getting Jester Race, Whoracle, or Colony first. The newest one (Clayman) is cool but I don't think it's their best, and the first two (Lunar Strain and Subterranian) are awesome, but I think you gotta be more into death metal to appreciate them as much as the others, and they'll also be harder to find.

Fuck yah, when I’m ready to go to the gym and start lifting like a fuckin maniac, I bring my walkman with me and turn up the volume with,

Nsync’s tearin up my heart and Britney Spears’ Oops…I did it again.

Now that's fuckin hardcore.

Hey Jeff… Yep, Strapping Young Lad is definitely the loudest live band I’ve ever seen. 2nd place Cryptopsy. 3rd place Brutal Truth.

Hey Andre - yeah, the Cryptopsy drummer is insanely fast, but you obviously haven’t seen Damaged live. Saw them first time supporting Strapping, actually. And yeah - it was an amazing show.

And check out Opeth. Swedish band. Brilliant.

Any U2 Bootleg Available, preferably from the Zoo-TV Era.

Hey Jeff and Andre, sounds like you guys are on the right track. You should look into some older Malevolent Creation, Morbid Angel, and for a really obscure but incredible one, Exhorder-Slaughter in the Vatican…