What are some Top Rated Thigh Measurements?

curious as to where the biggest thighs are listing in as. i figure top pro BBer’s, natural or not, probably are ~40?

reading about earl campbell and his 5’11 34inch thighs got me curious

hell post your own thigh measurements and your height/weight if you have well developed wheels

6’, 28" cold in the morning.
never checked pumped

6’2"

235-240 lbs

31" wheels

i doubt any of them are at 40"
that sounds like having 26 bis

[quote]kickureface wrote:
curious as to where the biggest thighs are listing in as. i figure top pro BBer’s, natural or not, probably are ~40?

reading about earl campbell and his 5’11 34inch thighs got me curious

hell post your own thigh measurements and your height/weight if you have well developed wheels[/quote]

body fat should be a consideration too. shredded wheels at 26 is alot more impressive then 35 in wheels with no visible seperation.

5’11"

215 lbs

26" cold (now I have a complex–I can only hope Earl Campbell was also a pro BB’er, or I’m hosed)

For comparison, Steve Reeves’ measurements were apparently:

Arms: 18.5 inches
Calves: 18.5 inches
Neck: 18.5 inches
Thighs 27 inches
Chest 54 inches
Waist 30 inches

And he further opined that perfect symmetry consists of the following ratios:

Arm size = 252% of Wrist size
Calf size = 192% of Ankle size
Neck Size = 79% of Head size
Chest Size = 148% of Pelvis size
Waist size = 86% of Pelvis size
Thigh size = 175% of Knee size

[quote]davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

26" cold (now I have a complex–I can only hope Earl Campbell was also a pro BB’er, or I’m hosed)[/quote]

Earl Campbell was probably the best power runner in football history.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

26" cold (now I have a complex–I can only hope Earl Campbell was also a pro BB’er, or I’m hosed)

[/quote]

Agreed.

However, even I doubt 34". Mine measure just over 30" right now and some pro bodybuilders don’t have quads over 32". I looked up pics of him but none showed quads like that…and quads like that would show through some leggings pads.

Dumb question, guys:

Exactly where on the thigh do you measure? There’s a significant difference, of course, as to where you place the tape.

At the very top, touching the crotch. Have your girlfriend take the measurement.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Dumb question, guys:

Exactly where on the thigh do you measure? There’s a significant difference, of course, as to where you place the tape.
[/quote]

Do you know what a “height of curvature” is? That is where you measure…assuming you have some sweep at all to your quads.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

Agreed.

However, even I doubt 34". Mine measure just over 30" right now and some pro bodybuilders don’t have quads over 32". I looked up pics of him but none showed quads like that…and quads like that would show through some leggings pads.[/quote]

I remember reading somewhere that Robert Newhouse RB of the Cowboys back in the seventies were 44". They were huge but 44" ? What about Platz…should be some numbers on his legs somewhere.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

Agreed.

However, even I doubt 34". Mine measure just over 30" right now and some pro bodybuilders don’t have quads over 32". I looked up pics of him but none showed quads like that…and quads like that would show through some leggings pads.

I remember reading somewhere that Robert Newhouse RB of the Cowboys back in the seventies were 44". They were huge but 44" ? What about Platz…should be some numbers on his legs somewhere.
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s bullshit. You can’t walk with 44" quads.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
bond james bond wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

Agreed.

Yeah, that’s bullshit. You can’t walk with 44" quads.[/quote]

Megatron can, puny human. (take that!)

But yeah, 44 inch legs, whatever.

As for Reeves’ “perfect” measurements: Wasn’t he a figure girl? :slight_smile:

28" - but I’m not lean so it doesn’t count… : )

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Professor X wrote:
bond james bond wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

Agreed.

[/quote]

His thinking was supposedly based on “Greek” idealism and the proportions represented there. That might make him a girl, but I doubt it.

[quote]davidcox1 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Professor X wrote:
bond james bond wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

Agreed.

His thinking was supposedly based on “Greek” idealism and the proportions represented there. That might make him a girl, but I doubt it.[/quote]

Heh, my legs are pretty close to his formula there :slight_smile: Calves are 193% and thighs are 169%

[quote]debraD wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Professor X wrote:
bond james bond wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
davidcox1 wrote:
5’11"

215 lbs

Agreed.

His thinking was supposedly based on “Greek” idealism and the proportions represented there. That might make him a girl, but I doubt it.

Heh, my legs are pretty close to his formula there :slight_smile: Calves are 193% and thighs are 169% [/quote]

Get yourself a slab of marble and an artist and start hacking away–you are a Greek god!

From Wikidpedia:

“He was tough to bring down, “like trying to tackle a fire hydrant,” at 5’10” and 209 pounds, with arguably the largest thighs in the NFL (44" in diameter), Newhouse plowed his way through 4,784 rushing yards, 956 receiving yards and 31 touchdowns during his notable career."

[quote]cywren wrote:
From Wikidpedia:

“He was tough to bring down, “like trying to tackle a fire hydrant,” at 5’10” and 209 pounds, with arguably the largest thighs in the NFL (44" in diameter), Newhouse plowed his way through 4,784 rushing yards, 956 receiving yards and 31 touchdowns during his notable career."[/quote]

I dare you to go to Wikipedia and change the 44 to 34 (much more reasonable) and see how quickly it gets changed back. This is a case where seeing is believing. I’m not in Missouri, but I can see it from where I live–so “show me.”