Bolton 1008lb Deadlift

Just watched it…insane. Even Kevin Nee dropped by to leave a comment haha

with a 1200+squat, 1000 deadlift should be easy for him to get 3000 in the next couple years

I realize that this will be a very stupid question, but does he take steroids?

[quote]burtw wrote:
I realize that this will be a very stupid question, but does he take steroids? [/quote]

Just organic goat whey. Kidding. Sorry. Why would it even matter?

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
burtw wrote:
I realize that this will be a very stupid question, but does he take steroids?

Just organic goat whey. Kidding. Sorry. Why would it even matter?[/quote]Doesn’t matter, I’m just ignorant about these things. I know professional bodybuilders do, but I didn’t know if powerlifters did too.

Incredible. Damn.

Andy is amazing…end of story.

lol hope I don’t get ragged on for this. It is an amazing feat, but still just somethnig bugs me about him when he locks out his deadlifts…he always looks like his knee’s are a tiny bit bent still. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this…it just looks like he could always “pop out” his hips more to look more locked out.
Still like I said, definately amazing

[quote]rasturai wrote:
lol hope I don’t get ragged on for this. It is an amazing feat, but still just somethnig bugs me about him when he locks out his deadlifts…he always looks like his knee’s are a tiny bit bent still. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this…it just looks like he could always “pop out” his hips more to look more locked out.
Still like I said, definately amazing[/quote]

There is another angle of the same lift from someone else at the event. He clearly locked it out.

holy. damn. shit.

[quote]bignate wrote:
with a 1200+squat, 1000 deadlift should be easy for him to get 3000 in the next couple years[/quote]

You’d think so…But benching in the 6’s isn’t gonna get it for him.

Amazing!!!

[quote]masonator wrote:
bignate wrote:
with a 1200+squat, 1000 deadlift should be easy for him to get 3000 in the next couple years

You’d think so…But benching in the 6’s isn’t gonna get it for him.[/quote]

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/600-pound-raw-bench-press

Yea, but he does that raw…

Granted, he doesn’t do MUCH more equipped, but how hard you think it would be for the guy with the dedication to get the world’s biggest deadlift to learn how to use a 300$ bench shirt? Especially when he says he has been working with ryan kennelly.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/9730 and its a high 6’s bench…

Anyone see the nut-hugging comment from “TeamXtreme” about how Andy had better watch himself because Fought’s pulled over 1000 in training at the end of a session?

How much more of a douche-bag can you be?

It’s like 2pac and Biggie.

[quote]hareboll wrote:
guy with the dedication to get the world’s biggest deadlift to learn how to use a 300$ bench shirt? Especially when he says he has been working with ryan kennelly.

[/quote]

They need to make a video. Period. I would buy a copy for everyone I know.

[quote]rasturai wrote:

I’ve noticed when people have real big or even pretty big legs especially hamstrings it looks like their legs are bent a little buts its really just well developed hamstrings.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
.he always looks like his knee’s are a tiny bit bent still. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this…it just looks like he could always “pop out” his hips more to look more locked out.

I have to agree with what has been said- the heavier weight class lifters sometimes look as if they haven’t locked out, when in fact they are. us smaller peoples don’t have that problem. having said that, he definitely looks locked out in this 1008 pull to me.

i remember reading somewhere that bolton said he was going to eat more to increase his leverage in the deadlift- so that his weight would help the lift. any idea what he weighed in at for this pull? he looks bigger than in the 2006 videos from NY.

[quote]masonator wrote:
bignate wrote:

You’d think so…But benching in the 6’s isn’t gonna get it for him.[/quote]

Even if he benched 100 lbs. more, he still wouldnt be able to hit that 1,000 in a full meet.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
masonator wrote:
bignate wrote:

You’d think so…But benching in the 6’s isn’t gonna get it for him.

Even if he benched 100 lbs. more, he still wouldnt be able to hit that 1,000 in a full meet. [/quote]

Someone can’t add math. Bolton squats 1200 plus and pulls a grand.

1000+1200= 2200

3000-2200= 800

An 800 bench in multiply is well within the realm of possibility for someone benching 600 raw. Not to say that he could “throw on” a super duper phenom and bench 800 just like that (as some would have you believe), but its definitely a possibility.