What are Your Best & Worst Bodybuilding Poses & Why?

Best one me is front lat spread
This pose really accentuates my structural advantage; shoulder width and small waist plus sweeping outer quads also good height 5’11 (noticed taller guys with wide structure and small waist like Ramy and Chris Bumstead always exceled in this pose).
Hands clasped most muscular (levrone pose) is the 2nd best because of my big shoulders and upper traps also small waist

Worst is front double biceps
I have small arms with kinda terrible bicep insertions and tiny foreams, plus for some reason my lats just don’t open up that much in this pose.
Crab pose most muscular is the 2nd worst weirdly
Terrible arms and not much thickness in my pecs (I think thicker guys would do way better in pose)

Front double bi is entirely unforgiving. If someone can make that look really good, they have truly accomplished something.

None of mine look good. They all look like they’re being attempted by a half assed recreational bench monkey.

3 Likes

This thread is worthless without pictures

7 Likes

Best: crab/most muscular
Worst: rear lat spread

I’m only 5’8, and with small joints that certainly emphasized my arms and calves, I’d say…

Best:

-Most Muscular - my thickness and density just work well in this shot.
Hercules MW Lineup Fuzzy Pic

Best:
- Front Lat Spread - With my decent arms, and thick lats that were visible from the front, this was definitely one of my better poses.

Worst:
-Abs and Thighs - I always had a naturally thick midsection/waist, so there was very little I could do onstage to obscure or hide this structural deficiency in this particular pose.

Sorry, no photos of my worst pose on my current laptop to share -lol

S

5 Likes

Best pose

6 Likes

Worst pose. @The_Mighty_Stu ‘s fault! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Your quads look fuckin sweet, dude.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Lmao - we made a ton of progress during a cut, If I might remind you my friend! :wink:

S

1 Like

You earned it dude, the discipline shows. Tons of respect for that end product, and to Stu as well for his part.

3 Likes

And don’t forget the countless “Experts” and authors who refuse to ever show their stage pics but still tell everyone else how it’s supposed to be done -lol.

Being able to put up contest pics, of a winning physique, with photos showing amazing size and conditioning, but then still being humble and objective enough to show the less flattering images while actually critiquing them,… you don’t see that many places. Heck, you see guys showing their bathroom selfies instead of contest images as they spin stories of only losing because of poor posing (which as a judge for almost a decade, I call BS on).

While their are tons of self proclaimed coaches and experts doling out info and articles, the number of people who have truly “walk the walk” , and done so with evident success is countable. @BrickHead, you’re one of the few I truly respect the opinion of brother.

S

4 Likes

Thank you very much for that!

1 Like

Damn no doubt you were crushing in every aspect here. These blown up traps, big shoulders and arms on a wide, good chest! Insane!

@BrickHead legs looking insane! Great abs and yoke!

1 Like

Thank you. I actually have a back photo in which I’m relaxed but look better. I never perfected a rear lat spread.

I just started trying posing, at the gym or such. I have trouble with that pose, and barely having having a decent front spread despite back being by far my best part. I guess it’s practice, practice, practice, and mind muscle connection

1 Like

That’s all it is.

This is from two days after show. Just relaxed.

2 Likes

I think I would need two more years to balance my whole physique out. I needed more lat width, a little more chest, and even though my arms are good, a tad there too. I’d never be the cream of the crop though. Likely middle of the pack. @The_Mighty_Stu

Very good point

1 Like

I’m too fat for that right now ahah

1 Like