Top T-songs

Mike,
Thank (insert favorite diety here) that someone else can recognize musical (and not marketing) talent. I have been screaming your sentiment around my frat house for the last three years, and have had quite a few converts.

Well, this is not a tough question guys. The workout song ever is by the greatest band who ever lived and the Gods of modern metal; Kashmir by Led Zeppelin. No one can compete with Bonham’s drums, even today. The hypnotic beat really gets your mind ready to throw some weight around, plus the 8 minute 30 second running time should take your through 3 to 4 sets nicely!

I’m suprised only one person mentioned Fear Factory. How do you get faster/harder than “Demanufacture”? If you haven’t heard it, check it out. Some other songs in random order:
Entombed-“Rotten Soil”
Slipknot-“Spit It Out”
Pro-Pain-“Switchblade Knife”
Carcass-“Keep On Rotting…”
V.O.D.-“DTO”

Good call Mike, Tool are da men! New album, “Latisimus” out next week.
Favourite T-song? “Bullet In The Head” by Rage Against The Machine - always gets me going anyway.

Akicita, I don’t need to see the pics, I’ve seen them. I didn’t claim they didn’t used to dress up like little bitch-boys, but hey, money does bad things to people. But they’re about as hardcore as you can get now…I’m willing to forgive and forget.

btw, I forgot something:

Desecrator by Exhorder…obscure, but brutal.

Slipknot does a great job at gettin me fired up, but i have worn that disk out. Got any suggestions for stuff that sounds like slipknot? Its gotta have lots of double bass, kick ass tempos and heavy guitar. Pantera doesnt qualify, cuz their sound is a little empty, only having 4 musicians in the band. Doesnt compare to slipknot’s 8 members when it comes to filling your ears.

If you like loud growl-core newpunk stuff, try Coal Chamber’s first album, or Celldweller (look for them at mp3.com for free tunes), AP2 (angry industrial–again, mp3.com; my fave is the third song listed–let it kick in), Rammstein, Frontline Assembly (Hard Wired and Milennium CD’s).

I forgot to add some bands I recommend last time I post. Anyway, here’s a few…

Slayer, Sepultura, Anthrax, old Life of Agony, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Children of Bodom, old (first 2) Machine Head, Rollins Band, S.O.D., Moonspell, Shadow's Fall, At the Gates, Nile, Dillinger Escape Plan, Cryptospy

For all of you into those SlipKorn Chamber Bizkit bands, check out some of the above, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Rage Against The Machine. nuff said.

“Don’t Tread on Me” and “Fuel” by Metallica; “Panama,” “Humans Being” and “Judgement Day” by Van Halen; “Welcome to the Jungle,” “My Michelle,” “You Could be Mine” and “Mr. Brownstone” by GnR, “Bawitaba” by Kid Rock, “Back in Black” and “Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC, that first Rammstein song that came out (don’t know the name), and many others I’m forgetting right now.

Well, of course Rage Against the Machine is at the top of any decent list. Then again, I am biased…I’ms peaking as a former Rage Against the Machine Freedom Fighter of the Month!

top t songs(not in any order)
carry on my wayward son-kansas
anything RATM
machine head-bush
anything led zepplin
any nirvana
any metallica
all GNR
those are it

Joe,

Without a doubt, go out and buy Mudvayne today…

I’m always thinking of that song by Bam-Bam and Pebbles and their band: "let the sun shine in, face it with a grin, la la la lala, and lala la lala.

How about Iggy & The Stooges? And guys, I’m sorry, but how the hell can Kansas get you pumped up to train?

Ok, I’m going to say my piece on RATM. They suck. True, their music is somewhat energetic, but from a musicians standpoint, playing every song in F# and playing every solo through a mess of effects in annoying an monotonous. Furthermore: I’ll admit that Zack has a lot of good things to say, and that he is very aware and well informed. Unfortunately, Rage fans on the whole seem to cling to the “Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me” motto, and essentially, Rage and their following come off as a rather dim witted and violent populus, opposed to the revolutionary and educated group that they’re supposed to be. Its a lot like what went down in Quebec City, if anyone was following that, but I don’t want to get into it.

#1 T-Song: Slaughter of the Soul by At the Gates.

All you Rock/Metal heads make me wanna be sick… but in a nice way of course. But that’s still better than the feel good crap at my gym! If it aint mind numbing TECHNO, it just doesn’t cut it!

Timmy, I’ll give you that a lot of rage fans disappoint me in their ignorance of these issues. Tyhey seem to think age is just about rebellion and anger, but don’t have the first clue about WHAT–they don’t understand free vs. fair trade, indigenous rights issues, political power auctioning, or why the WTO/FTAA were protested (there were GOOD reasons for those protests, but a lot of people outside the issue didn’t know what they were, so they just kept ironically chanting, “F— you, I won’t do what you tell me!” in perfect lockstep). I don’t think that’s a reflection on the bad itself, though, since they are VERY aware and intelligent, and scour sources of information from Chomsky to Nader, which are some intellectual authors.

Timmy, you’ve raised a good point there bout the RATM fans, but you have to remember that music means different things to different people. Eg, not everyone (many infact) listens to a band because they appreciate the bands political stance or even because they respect the band - Marilyn Manson is a good example of this. Some are just in it for the love of the sounds that band makes. And no, musically speaking, RATM arn’t THE most complex band in the world, but that doesn’t have to mean anything necessarily does it? Nirvana, a band who i LOVED, played simple power chords all the way but were still great live performers and made damn good music with real feeling. Even Dave Grohl said their music was like nursery rhymes you learn when you’re a kid…encase you didn’t realise, i like ranting about the music industry:-)
ps: you want REAL talent…pick up The Tea Party’s “The Edges of Twilight” album.

Union Underground: “Turn me on Mr. Dead Man”
Disturbed: “Stupified”
White Zombie: “More Human than Human”