Rupert Young/Charlie Francis

[quote]fortius_smith wrote:
I’ve been on T-Nation for some time now and I think it’s great that they allow intelligent criticism and honest views on it’s articles and not just glowing endorsements. That is what makes the material believeable.

I have recently started looking for more athletic performnace based sites, one of which is CF.com. I haven’t really found much good info because the forums are clogged with people who don’t really know what they are talking about and ask questions showing a lack of fundamental understanding of the topics.

Are there any really good threads for athletic enhancement for team sports you recommend or just threads with more information rather than banter.

What other sites do you guys look on for performance based suff? I can’t see myself ever finding a site as well produced as this with a mixture of great coaches, general info, knowledgable readers and great pictures of women but there is no harm in trying!

KS
[/quote]

Check this out

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=667308

[quote]fortius_smith wrote:
I’ve been on T-Nation for some time now and I think it’s great that they allow intelligent criticism and honest views on it’s articles and not just glowing endorsements. That is what makes the material believeable.

I have recently started looking for more athletic performnace based sites, one of which is CF.com. I haven’t really found much good info because the forums are clogged with people who don’t really know what they are talking about and ask questions showing a lack of fundamental understanding of the topics.

Are there any really good threads for athletic enhancement for team sports you recommend or just threads with more information rather than banter.

What other sites do you guys look on for performance based suff? I can’t see myself ever finding a site as well produced as this with a mixture of great coaches, general info, knowledgable readers and great pictures of women but there is no harm in trying!

KS
[/quote]

CF.com archives USED to be the best. they keep eliminating them to make more buyable forum reviews. that’s not a bad thing and they deserve to make all the dough they can.

you’re gonna hafta spend a lot of time online on different sites browsing or perusing many, many threads. most are banter, but that’s unavoidable. one of the best ways to get info is by being link from one site to another on a particular topic. that doesn’t happen here…

here are my two favorite discussions found on the Nation http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=693473 google two of the posters in this thread, Brad Nuttal and Kelly Baggett, they’re performance coaches.

and http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=715157

google the names of the contributors on this site, some of them do stuff elsewhere, you know, and you’ll come by other forums and more guys worth listening to (or arguing with because of their douchebaggery ideas). that reminds me, if you wanna learn non-dogmatic stuff, get reamed because of stoopid stuff you say, yet learn how to be a genuine, total asshole, google lyle mcdonald.

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
bobby, at CF.com under your handle “bobbyt” it says “banned,” under clemson’s handle it says “member.” clearly, he’s not banned. what made you think he was banned?[/quote]

Carl was banned until earlier today, apparently little Rupert gets mad at Carl from time to time and bans him and then rescinds the ban. Given the vociferous nature of my post, I highly doubt my ban will be rescinded. Regardless, Rupert has pissed so many people off the site sucks anymore anyways. And Rupert you little “whistle dick”, I want my $80.00.

[quote]bobbyt wrote:
wufwugy wrote:
bobby, at CF.com under your handle “bobbyt” it says “banned,” under clemson’s handle it says “member.” clearly, he’s not banned. what made you think he was banned?

Carl was banned until earlier today, apparently little Rupert gets mad at Carl from time to time and bans him and then rescinds the ban. Given the vociferous nature of my post, I highly doubt my ban will be rescinded. Regardless, Rupert has pissed so many people off the site sucks anymore anyways. And Rupert you little “whistle dick”, I want my $80.00.[/quote]

i really have a hard time believing this. not because i think you’d fabricate, but because Carl’s their FROST guy. also, i visit CF.com about every three days and i never saw anything but ‘member’ under ‘clemson.’ when and how long was carl banned?

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
bobbyt wrote:
wufwugy wrote:
bobby, at CF.com under your handle “bobbyt” it says “banned,” under clemson’s handle it says “member.” clearly, he’s not banned. what made you think he was banned?

Carl was banned until earlier today, apparently little Rupert gets mad at Carl from time to time and bans him and then rescinds the ban. Given the vociferous nature of my post, I highly doubt my ban will be rescinded. Regardless, Rupert has pissed so many people off the site sucks anymore anyways. And Rupert you little “whistle dick”, I want my $80.00.

i really have a hard time believing this. not because i think you’d fabricate, but because Carl’s their FROST guy. also, i visit CF.com about every three days and i never saw anything but ‘member’ under ‘clemson.’ when and how long was carl banned?[/quote]

Carl was banned for approximately three days precisely because of the Frost issue. You see FROST is manufactured in St. Charles, IL. As you may or may not no, getting American made product into Canada, through customs, can present some problems which Rupert, in his infinite wisdom, did’nt count on. Of course in his estimation this was Carl’s fault, you get my drift. If your not buying what I’m selling that is more than allright with me. The fact is the story is true. Carl has been banned before relating to similar ridiculous issues. On the subject of FROST, I happen to use the product religiously and in my opinion it is the finest anti-oxidant I have ever used. However, because Rupert is making people purchase the product in packages of four, Charlie has sold a grand total of about 80 bottles. But don’t dare tell Rupert how to run “his business” given that he’s often mistaken for Warren Buffett.

Incidentally, you may notice that the FROST article has been removed from Charlie’s site. Just a coincidence?

[quote]bobbyt wrote:
wufwugy wrote:
bobbyt wrote:
wufwugy wrote:
bobby, at CF.com under your handle “bobbyt” it says “banned,” under clemson’s handle it says “member.” clearly, he’s not banned. what made you think he was banned?

Carl was banned until earlier today, apparently little Rupert gets mad at Carl from time to time and bans him and then rescinds the ban. Given the vociferous nature of my post, I highly doubt my ban will be rescinded. Regardless, Rupert has pissed so many people off the site sucks anymore anyways. And Rupert you little “whistle dick”, I want my $80.00.

i really have a hard time believing this. not because i think you’d fabricate, but because Carl’s their FROST guy. also, i visit CF.com about every three days and i never saw anything but ‘member’ under ‘clemson.’ when and how long was carl banned?

Carl was banned for approximately three days precisely because of the Frost issue. You see FROST is manufactured in St. Charles, IL. As you may or may not no, getting American made product into Canada, through customs, can present some problems which Rupert, in his infinite wisdom, did’nt count on. Of course in his estimation this was Carl’s fault, you get my drift. If your not buying what I’m selling that is more than allright with me. The fact is the story is true. Carl has been banned before relating to similar ridiculous issues. On the subject of FROST, I happen to use the product religiously and in my opinion it is the finest anti-oxidant I have ever used. However, because Rupert is making people purchase the product in packages of four, Charlie has sold a grand total of about 80 bottles. But don’t dare tell Rupert how to run “his business” given that he’s often mistaken for Warren Buffett.
[/quote]

i dont really have a reason to not believe you, just wanted some clarification. i do realize that Rupert is a dick face, i just dont really know how much so.

i too wondered about the four pack only FROST sale. how long did it take yours to arrive? Rupert said it’s sold out, now.

Hey Guys

I’m glad people feel inclined to comment on matters they have no understanding of.

Reality says that none of you that have posted here know the facts, so I’m going to shed a some light on things with the hopes that a little understanding will go a long way.

  1. Carl Valle aka Clemson and the FROST issue.

I had the misfortune of knowing Carl for a long time. Over this period he did nothing but create havoc in various ways on our forums, that was enough for us. On the matter of FROST; we saw this as a good opportunity at the time. With my infinite wisdom (or lack of) I gave Carl and Co. several chances to put a deal together that worked for everyone. At every turn we had difficulties.

The fact is, we had customers buying this product and we werent able to ship thanks to the terms of the arrangement often being changed without notice. I think FROST is a great product, but remember that Carl is just a mouthpiece for a manufacturer who we now deal directly with, which is what we should have done in the first place.

We are a small shop and cant afford to play around with our customers. As for getting the product into Canada, this wasnt the issue at all, the real issue was that we had customers looking for a COA that was never delivered. Sorry, but our customers actually care about this sort of thing.

As for banning Carl for good, this decision was made for various reasons, a decision that we stand firmly by and have no regrets with whatsoever (and this goes for everyone thats had the experience of meeting my ban list).

As for Carl being a “good” coach; I will say that he’s quite good at ripping others ideas off and calling them his own.

  1. PayPal and delayed orders.

I’ll be the first to admit that we had some problems interfacing PayPal to our ecommerce system. This created some havoc with our customers getting out of pending status to complete. The issue has since been long resolved. If you had issues with us in the past, please accept my apologies as I have corrected the bulk of issues we were facing at the time.

  1. Banning Members

When the choice is made to kick somebody off our website; great consideration is given. When we removed members en masse (almost everyone in this thread) it was with good reason. We decided to turn the page on the bullshit that these problem members were stirring up. On a good note, our forums are now clean of the garbage riff-raff that now appears to be trolling other forums such as this one…not to say I dont love T-Nation.

Beyond that, and collectively speaking; we could care less what a few assholes have to say about us.

Kind regards

Rupert Young

I hope that I will not be considered an “asshole” for voicing my opinion of Carl. I happen to work with Carl. He is THE best trainer our group has ever had and I’ve worked with many. He gives his athletes the courage, strenght and plain hard facts to become the elite athletes they are now. I don’t know how you can comment on his training if you’ve never seen his clients or he training protocols. He may be banned from your site but I do not feel his training abilities should be ridiculed.

Didn’t you say that you don’t mind getting rid of “assholes who don’t know what they are talking about anyway”? Hope I’m not out of line but feel the truth should be known of Carl from this aspect. Thanks for listening

I think I may have been the first person Charlie ever banned…

[quote]bobbyt wrote:
For the past 12 months or so I have been an avid peruser of the Charlie Francis site. Recently, I have been very taken aback by the posts of Charlie’s chief moderator Rupert Young. This megalomaniac pencil neck goes out of his way to be rude whenever possible. The final straw was the banning of my good friend Carl Valle. One of the most knowledgable coaches one will ever find.
[/quote]

RE: Rupert Young

The COA is not just a purity test but contains the formula in exact detail. Rupert has a history (we have saved voicemails and archived emails) of doing work that is not in the best interest of his employer. Mr. Young as you can see from the responses of members of this forum has a history of poor professionalism and I no longer do business with him. From our conversations his intent was to use his employer’s contacts as a way to make profits for himself, something I wished not to be part of. I tried to warn his employer via email but when the entire system is run by the webmaster I am sure anything to alert Mr. Francis will be censored and filtered.

"for a manufacturer who we now deal directly with, which is what we should have done in the first place. "

This statement is false and that is why the parent company doesn’t do business with Mr. Young and no products are available at his site.

Mr. Young should read my article for T-Nation as I cite references to all of the protocols in the superior circuit series before making attacks on my training methods. We have no problem with Mr. Francis himself and his expertise in performance is well known. If he (Mr.Francis) would like to hear an example of Rupert’s behavior he can contact myself and listen to an example voicemail of Rupert Young.

“Over this period he did nothing but create havoc in various ways on our forums”

Such as being voted member of the year Rupert? Perhaps you could explain why you label my status guest to my old posts because of the backlash of other members (that he had to hide via banning members and deleting threads). Don’t buy into the “I love T-Nation” lies, we all know he simply is trying to cover his tracks. Then again when the website makes money off of writers from this online mag he is all about T-Nation when it puts money in his pocket.

Remember again Rupert I have the email’s to confirm the delay of customs and your responses. Since we are talking of delays we also have email records of your apology of late payment. Again another paypal issue? This thread is not helping your employer and I will stop now in respect but I had to defend myself. I suggest you stop as well or you may find yourself explaining other shady details.

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
I think I may have been the first person Charlie ever banned…

bobbyt wrote:
For the past 12 months or so I have been an avid peruser of the Charlie Francis site. Recently, I have been very taken aback by the posts of Charlie’s chief moderator Rupert Young. This megalomaniac pencil neck goes out of his way to be rude whenever possible. The final straw was the banning of my good friend Carl Valle. One of the most knowledgable coaches one will ever find.
[/quote]

Does Charlie have a say in who gets banned? I always thought (and read) that Rupert is the axe-man.

P.S. I’m loving the drama.

I saw the thread and I wanted to weigh in here. I think Charlie Francis is a punk. This guy has been running around Toronto telling people that he “knows what Donovan Bailey was on in 96”, then hides like a coward when questioned about it. Donovan is one of my best friends, and I know for a fact that he has always been clean and that is one of the reason’s that his accomplishment was so great. For Charlie to say some of the crap that he’s been saying to promote himself, then deny it when challanged, throws all his credibility into question. By the way, Ben Johnson didn’t do any of Charlie’s tempo workouts, he did his own speed workouts. Charlie started coping Ben’s workouts for everyone else and then passed them off as his creation.

Ken:

wow, that is the first time I’ve ever heard anything about Charlie copying Ben’s workouts…

As per your rant referring to Charlie being challenged, I just have to ask where do you get this information from?

Just to be clear on what I am asking the information about Charlie copying Ben that is.

[quote]Yoda-x wrote:
Speaking of spending money on his products, I bought the Modern Strength and Power Methods and Training for Speed e-books from his site and paid by credit card about a month ago, yet it says that my order is still pending. I have sent numerous e-mails and have not even received a reply. There is an option to “re-submit payment” but I’m extremely reluctant to do that based on the last month. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

I had the exact same problem and my emails were ignored for several weeks until I publicly complained in the forums. Once the forum post went up I got my ebook within an hour and my forum post was deleted. I guess someone --my impression was that it was Rupert’s responsibility-- was covering his ass for being a lazy bastard and providing awful customer service.

Carl Valle is a joke.

[quote]Rupert wrote:
Hey Guys

I’m glad people feel inclined to comment on matters they have no understanding of.

Reality says that none of you that have posted here know the facts, so I’m going to shed a some light on things with the hopes that a little understanding will go a long way.

  1. Carl Valle aka Clemson and the FROST issue.

I had the misfortune of knowing Carl for a long time. Over this period he did nothing but create havoc in various ways on our forums, that was enough for us. On the matter of FROST; we saw this as a good opportunity at the time. With my infinite wisdom (or lack of) I gave Carl and Co. several chances to put a deal together that worked for everyone. At every turn we had difficulties.

The fact is, we had customers buying this product and we werent able to ship thanks to the terms of the arrangement often being changed without notice. I think FROST is a great product, but remember that Carl is just a mouthpiece for a manufacturer who we now deal directly with, which is what we should have done in the first place.

We are a small shop and cant afford to play around with our customers. As for getting the product into Canada, this wasnt the issue at all, the real issue was that we had customers looking for a COA that was never delivered. Sorry, but our customers actually care about this sort of thing.

As for banning Carl for good, this decision was made for various reasons, a decision that we stand firmly by and have no regrets with whatsoever (and this goes for everyone thats had the experience of meeting my ban list).

As for Carl being a “good” coach; I will say that he’s quite good at ripping others ideas off and calling them his own.

  1. PayPal and delayed orders.

I’ll be the first to admit that we had some problems interfacing PayPal to our ecommerce system. This created some havoc with our customers getting out of pending status to complete. The issue has since been long resolved. If you had issues with us in the past, please accept my apologies as I have corrected the bulk of issues we were facing at the time.

  1. Banning Members

When the choice is made to kick somebody off our website; great consideration is given. When we removed members en masse (almost everyone in this thread) it was with good reason. We decided to turn the page on the bullshit that these problem members were stirring up. On a good note, our forums are now clean of the garbage riff-raff that now appears to be trolling other forums such as this one…not to say I dont love T-Nation.

Beyond that, and collectively speaking; we could care less what a few assholes have to say about us.

Kind regards

Rupert Young

[/quote]

Before Rupert changes his post let me quote it again.

[quote]BSims wrote:
Just to be clear on what I am asking the information about Charlie copying Ben that is.[/quote]

I use to be involved in Track around the time that Ben was starting to make his moves. Charlie’s workouts were based around a tempo theory. Ben was injured and was coming up with his own workouts which basicallly involved speed work only. After his injury he contined it with success. Charllie observed this and continued it with the entire Optimist group.
Regarding Charlie backing down when challanged, I was referring to his bullshit statements of knowing what drugs Donovan was on, even though Donovan was clean. Right to Donovan’s face he denied saying it, even though he has said it in front of me. He didn’t know Donovan and I were tight. Charlie is a bitch.

I agree with Ken Rose.

Carl Valle sucks, too.