Hypertrophy, by Christian Thibaudeau

Now available!

Get Christian Thibaudeau’s latest Hypertrophy programs. Christian maximizes growth effects by using three synergistic phases:

• Volume-Based Hypertrophy
  • Load-Based Hypertrophy
  • Intensity-Based Hypertrophy
2 Likes

The wait is over!!! I’m excited! I think I’m going to put my brother through this program! Hoping for awesome results for him!

1 Like

And, obviously, yourself?

1 Like

I will definitely run this one for myself. My brother will either run this or may rerun his type 3 routine, which was his favorite program he’s ever run that brought him his best results. He bought it back in 2021 so I’m not sure if there are any new updates to it since then that he should check out.

Certainly I’m hyped as hell about this! This has been a long awaited one for me.

1 Like

Same!

1 Like

What split do these 3 programs have?

I would like to know more!

What do you want to know?

1 Like

4 workouts per week, the schedule calls for workouts on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat (but you can change the days to fit your schedule).

Intensity/effort-based = push/pull/legs/gap workout
Volume-based and load-based = chest & triceps / legs / back & biceps / delts & rear delts

5 Likes

Christian, When we talk about the intensity effort based program it is for example 2 series where we gradually increase the weight and one with a specific technique like rest pause ?

I’m currently writing a series of articles explaining effort-based, volume-based and load-based training approaches.

Effort-based means rely on fewer sets done with an all-out effort (to failure, or beyond if using intensifiers). The low volume is not so much a principle as it is due to the nature of the work sets. By going all-out you cannot, and don’t need, to perform as many sets.

My own approach uses a progressive escalating in the effort level by switching to a more demanding method every week. But you don’t have to use special methods to perform “effort-based” training

3 Likes

This is exactly the type of training I’m looking for :+1: thanks

Can you give me an example of Load Based training?Thanx…

Load-based training is often called “powerbuilding”. Essentially using heavier weights to stimulate growth and having a progression model that facilitates adding weight every week (e.g. gradually reducing the number of reps per set)

2 Likes

what should be the order of training?

1. Volume
  2. Load
  3. Intensity

Or something else?

1 Like

Intensity - volume - load for intermediates and advanced

Volume - intensity - load for beginners

3 Likes

Volume-based training, what would it be like???

It’s an approach in which progression is achieved by gradually increasing volume over the course of the training cycle

Summarizing what I understood:

Volume-Based Hypertrophy: It’s an approach in which progression is achieved by gradually increasing volume over the course of the training cycle

Week 1: 2 x 10 (70%)
Week 2: 3 x 10 (70%)
Week 3: 4 x 10 (70%)
Week 4: 5 x 10 (70%)

Load-Based Hypertrophy: Load-based training is often called “powerbuilding”

Week 1: 4 x 8 (75%)
Week 2: 4 x 5 (80%)
Week 3: 4 x 4 (85%)
Week 4: 4 x 3 (90%)

Intensity-Based Hypertrophy: Effort-based means rely on fewer sets done with an all-out effort (to failure, or beyond if using intensifiers).

Week 1 - One top set to failure (5-10 reps)
Week 2 - " " " with slightly more weight (or more reps)
Week 3 - " " " with slightly more weight (or more reps)
Week 4 - One top set to failure followed by. lengthened partial reps to failure

The examples you give are oversimplified and neglect some details. You have the right idea but that’s not how I would program them.