Fight Club Workout

I second join a gym. You want tough fight training find a Muay Thai Gym or MMA camp. After the first time you spar with someone your own weight, but better skill you will wonder how you ever thought you would make it through a fight without gloves, cup and mouthguard.

You’ll be praying for the end of the round while you ass is getting thrown around, elbowed, kneed and don’t forget the kicks to the head, body and legs. But you’ll love it and go back for more - BECAUSE YOU’LL LEARN SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE!!!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
In order to get used to being hit I suggest you sprint face first into trees and walls.

Good luck and post pictures.[/quote]

Dropping coconuts from palm trees onto your abs and fighting underwater is also a great idea. If you train next to an ancient warrior civilization, that is also a plus.

I am thinking about blinding myself with radioactive waste, putting on red tights and fighting crime.

Any suggestions?

Make sure you have a cool soundtrack and make sure to post pictures of your first attempts at jumping from building to building and fighting crime.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I am thinking about blinding myself with radioactive waste, putting on red tights and fighting crime.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

Yeah, your going to have to do calisthenics.

Good luck.

I think beatnik and xen said it best.
I remember when I was 5 or 6 adn WLVI would show the week of Bruce Lee movies and we tried to immmitate it, well before my friends and I killed each other my dad took me to some martial arts studios, got me involved in wrestling, and I learned the corect way to do things.

The first lessons my instructor taught us was pads (necissary not just to not hurt yourself but so you don’t kill anybody, the stuff in the movies is mostly fake, Karate Kid (yes I am that old) and the Crane is not a real stance etc.

My advice is if you want to take out aggressions work out move the iron many was the day I had a bad day and took it out on the weights. Or buy an X-Box if you want to get rid of the nintendo fever you suffer from

I can’t believe no one said this yet:

The first rule about Fight Club ?

DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.

Not sure if this is a troll job… If so, this is one of the funniest threads ever posted. Bravo.

[Judging by the title, I was waiting for someone to ask (in the spirit of the 5,000 threads on 300): "I want to look like the dudes for fight club; what should my workout be?:]

If you are serious, buy some 16-ounce boxing gloves, head gear, mouthpieces, and start your own informal “boxing club.” I trained with several pro boxers in this way. Do it right, though. Three minute rounds, no low blows, etc.

You will learn a lot. It’s great fun and great exercise. It’s relatively safe. And if you ever do get into a fight, your training will pay off.

[quote]fireplug52 wrote:
First things first: Dont do this, join an MMA gym. You will learn so much more, and not lose teeth![/quote]

This gets my vote. I study Tang Soo Do with my sons and it’s a great work out and after you’ve been doing it a while you get to spend a lot of time sparring. At my dojang we use medium contact to the body and light contact to the head in addition to wearing head, hand, foot guards (cup and mouth piece too). To be honest at times (and it really depends on the person I’m sparring with) this is my least favorite aspect of training.

The other night in class I was sparring with a young blackbelt and I got kicked in the head and face at least three times. I wound up with a slightly blackened eye and I woke up in the middle of that night with a head ache. Not too cool. Still if you really want to fight choosing a venue like this is probably the best and safest way to go about it.

Have ya read today’s STRONG WORDS?

“My father taught me how to be a man - and not by instilling in me a sense of machismo or an agenda of dominance. He taught me that a real man doesn’t take, he gives; he doesn’t use force, he uses logic; doesn’t play the role of trouble-maker, but rather, trouble-shooter; and most importantly, a real man is defined by what’s in his heart, not his pants.” – Kevin Smith

Depending on if they have a rule set implemented and if they at least have gloves for equipment, there’s no reason not to do it. Some injuries may be sustained, but how many kids get hurt in organized sports or while skateboarding? As long as everyone involved is level headed enough to know when enough’s enough, there’s no problem.

I’m not sure about the legalities of non-sanctioned fighting in the States, but in Canada, two consenting people may fight if they so please.

Again, make sure to have rules in place. Use protective gear. Try to fight on mats or at least on grass…keep it out of the parking lot.

[quote]derek wrote:
Have ya read today’s STRONG WORDS?

"My father taught me how to be a man - and not by instilling in me a sense of machismo or an agenda of dominance. He taught me that a real man doesn’t take, he gives; he doesn’t use force, he uses logic;[/quote]

Two things. First, I’m all for avoiding fights when possible. But when push comes to shove, a real man can handle his business.

Second, what has Kevin Smith accomplished that should make me heed any of his words? Isn’t he the dude from “Clerks”?

Maybe he has accomplished something… I really don’t know. But strong words can only come from strong speakers.

What has he done that makes him worthy to teach life lessons?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
If you are serious, buy some 16-ounce boxing gloves, head gear, mouthpieces, and start your own informal “boxing club.” I trained with several pro boxers in this way. Do it right, though. Three minute rounds, no low blows, etc.

You will learn a lot. It’s great fun and great exercise. It’s relatively safe. And if you ever do get into a fight, your training will pay off.[/quote]

Yeah I second this. Getting hit with a fist sucks, both for the person doing the punching, as well as the person getting punched.

If you start this club with no headgear, no gloves and no mouthpieces, this club is going to last about 40 seconds.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
What has he done that makes him worthy to teach life lessons?[/quote]

You already said it. He made Clerks. Duh.

It is not that stupid. That kind of backyard fights between teenagers influenced me to study mixed martial arts, because I was getting my ass kicked by muay thai practionnioners.
Today, I am about to compete in MMA.

The silly thing is not to get involved in that kind of backyard brawls. You are ridiculous because you consider this ordinary stuff as a “fight club”.

[quote]Maldoror wrote:
It is not that stupid. That kind of backyard fights between teenagers influenced me to study mixed martial arts, because I was getting my ass kicked by muay thai practionnioners.
Today, I am about to compete in MMA.

The silly thing is not to get involved in that kind of backyard brawls. You are ridiculous because you consider this ordinary stuff as a “fight club”.[/quote]

Yes, kids get in fights a lot. I fought my friends all the time growing up, but we never organized a “club” to regularly fight just to fight.

If you actually did this growing up, either you and your friends pulled their punches and held back or you all were a bunch of pussies who couldn’t hurt anybody in a fight. Because if my friends did this growing up, we would all be seriously injured after the first month.

Fighting has its place in a kid’s life, especially as a young boy, but that doesn’t mean be stupid about it. If the kid really wants to organize something, I agree with CaliLaw, get some gloves and start a “boxing” club. It will be a lot safer and just as exciting and fun. You won’t become a great boxer doing this, but you will likely develop some skills and strengthen your reaction time.

With bare-handed, full contact brawling, something is going to get broken and someone is going to get hurt. Unless, this is really just going to be a “wrestling club.” Then it might not be as dangerous and I suggest you check out this website dedicated to young wrestlers:

http://home.snafu.de/mitch/gwrestl1.shtml

Lol guess everybody must think this is childish because unless they know you, every last one of them assumed you were a “stupid teenager”.

The tights comment was funny, but I think the one about sprinting into trees face first was funnier.

If these are friends your fighting, get contact gear(Actually if they are not friends you might want the gear more). There are about a billion instructions on the internet for MMA conditioning programs. You may not know which one to choose, but maybe that should tell you your not ready to fight these guys. If your young enough it won’t matter, you’ll heal, kids fight all the time.
If your older then you need to grow some real balls and go to a gym. Fighting other inexperienced guys to figure out if you have what it takes to be a fighter takes alot less guts then fighting someone trained to kick your ass.

alright dude i got some pretty damn good advice for you…

Im 16

I’ve boxed since i was a little kid, i’ve wrestled since i was a little kid, ive trained MMA as well for a good amount of time, and ive been in one to many stupid fist fights. Point being, I can handle myself pretty fuckin well.

Well me and my buds decided to put our own fight club together in my basement, just like you. This was about six months ago or so and let me just say it was one of the worst ideas I’ve ever had… definetely one of my stupid lack of life experience ideas.

Well I was lookin to fight this big bruiser, 200 some pounds, absolute monster in the weight room, no training in fighting technique whatsoever… my buddy was pretty much just a drunk bastard who liked inflicting pain. He liked to talk shit to anyone and everyone so I thought I’d fight him some and shut him up (keep in mind im short, and about 130)… yea stupid idea. I was in ten times better shape than he, and I have alot of experience.

I trained alot harder for the club hoping I would run circles around him come fight day…

The result?

I circled him, threw a couple body shots, he got pissed, threw me away, I blocked a hook, tried to shoot, he got mad, smoked me in the back of the head, lifted my face up, broke my nose (second time ive broken it) i fell over, got back up to fight, couldnt see straight, he threw me into a wall… end of fight

haha i got annihilated… had i gotten him to the ground and gone to jui jitsu i MIGHT have done something but it wouldnt have been much… i had no chance at that fight, no matter how much i trained…

Im typing this and sayin to myself thats the stupidest thing ive done so far in life.

Dont waste your time, just go get in some real fights, like boxing or wrestling