Carbs with Non-PWO Meals?

Is it o.k. to consume carbs on my non-PWO meals? The reason I ask is because my job is physically demanding. thanks.

Fuck no! You will get FAT.

Better stay away from proteins, too. I heard those can really fuck up your liver.

woops, guess I deserved that.
taken from “7 tips of highly effective nutrition”…
4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

Is carb intake from food other then fruits and veggies o.k.? For meals other then PWO?

depends on your goals and how well you handle carbs

[quote]justalemming wrote:
woops, guess I deserved that.
taken from “7 tips of highly effective nutrition”…
4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

Is carb intake from food other then fruits and veggies o.k.? For meals other then PWO? [/quote]

What JB means is that PWO you want quicker acting carbs than fruits and veggies.
PWO you want Surge or an equivalent recovery drink.

You meals should only have veggies or fruits. Easy on the fruits, keep them to breakfasts

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
depends on your goals and how well you handle carbs[/quote]

x2.

I handle carbs fairly well and eat them with all meals, except for my last.

[quote]elusive wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
depends on your goals and how well you handle carbs

x2.

I handle carbs fairly well and eat them with all meals, except for my last.[/quote]

I’m not too bad with handling them, but I’m bulking and need the easy calories, so I have bread or other carbs with every meal except my pre-bed shake

If you plan on bulking and building any serious muscle, which I assume you are seeing as you’re on this site, you will need carbs… lots of them.

Depends on your insulin sensitivity.

I eat over 400g of complex carbs a day, and am currently cutting for spring break.

Just avoid simple carbs, and avoid carbs before bed.

Yes, don’t be afraid of non veggie/fruit carbs. Depending on your job, you might be “working out” 10 hours/day vs. an office worker’s 1 hour/day.

So, you’re going to have to play around with your carb intake.

thanks for your input guys.