Boilerman Wants It All

Squat 5/3/1

95x5
115x5
135x5
170x5
190x3
215x14 (weight and e1rm PR) pretty excited about that.
170 5x5

Periphery- P I instrumental

Weighed in just above 193 this morning

2 Likes

Congrats, you’re doing fantastic

1 Like

Well done man, Awesome.
Can’t remember do you do some assistance or only the main work and FSL.

1 Like

I do assistance as well, but am not nearly as regimented with it as I am the main lifts. Usually my go-to’s are bicep barbell curls, whacked out tricep pushdowns with bands (since I lift at home, no machines), push-ups, incline barbell press or close grip bench, pull ups, lots of rows (which I think I’ve already surpassed my bench strength with), walking weighted lunges, and calf raises.

I’ll do one push, one pull and legs. I’ll sometimes throw in a few ab exercises if I feel like it but nothing crazy. I try to hit stuff that won’t effect my next days lifts, even though I don’t kill myself with assistance, I’m really just worried about the main lifts. Although on Fridays I’ve been known to do a little bit extra because I have the time and an additional day of rest.

1 Like

OHP 5/3/1

45x5
60x5
70x5
90x5
100x3
110x7
90 5x5

Not too bad today, wish I got one more on the + set though.

Tossing around the idea of a deload week next week. Seems like I start to wear out after 2 cycles… My wrists have been absolutely killing me this week.

Every Time I Die- New Junk Aesthetic

Just curious, if you only did the main work.
Following Jim’s advise doing push/pull/single leg. Well done.

And for deload, Jim says two cycles no more before deload, so wise decision.

2 Likes

I think a deload is definitely what I’ll do then. Thanks burnur and mortdk… deload next week then back to it.

2 Likes

Bench deload

70x5
90x5
110x5
135x5
155x5
180x4

Don’t know whether or not to reset my tm due to not hitting 5 reps at 180… might just keep going and see what happens this cycle on the + sets. Definitely frustrated with my benching and ohp lately.

Deadlift deload

135x5
165x5
205x5
255x5
290x5
330x5

Most weight I’ve ever deadlifted… felt good and moved pretty easily.

2 Likes

Are you going to failure on a deload week?

Nope, I’m currently doing a volume deload… which was a suggestion made in another thread from a while back. I’m working up to, and then hitting my tm for 5, just like I stated previously on my last deload. So in theory with my tm being 330 on deadlifts and me working always with submax weight, this is the first opportunity I’ve had to lift that weight. The issue with bench is that I knew for a fact I’d fail that 5th rep so I didn’t even attempt it, which makes me think my bench tm is too high, or I just can’t handle that weight yet.

I found that my previous deloads didn’t work out for me too well when I did low volume and low intensity, and since this is only the 4th or 5th deload I’ve ever done I am still trying to wrap my head around it and figure out how the hell to deload properly. @mortdk if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I’m still new to this and willing to try anything if it will benefit me in the long run.

I havent deload much due to mostly 5s pro and slow pace but one I’ve done is working up to a single at tm

1 Like

If that’s what is typically recommended then I have no issue with just doing one tm rep… I don’t know if i may be destroying the purpose of a deload week.

All I know is, after deloads, the weight feels really heavy to me. It may just be a mental thing but it really seems to throw me off.

I keep telling myself don’t sweat the small stuff but, as far as I know (have read), deloading is important to progress and I want more progress haha

Hey Boiler @burnur hit the nail.

Jim has a intensity deload where you build to a single with the TM. no fsl stuff or other hard BB movements. Some light non taxing bw or db movements would be okay.
The purpose of the deload is to never need one for real, so it’s dial back and let the body recover from the previous 3 or 6 weeks of hard work depending on when you deload.

Jim does the leader/anchor stuff with 2 leader cycles a deload like the one I just mentioned then 1 anchor cycle followed by a test week. Test week is to either do a real 1RM or as Jim highly recommends do 5 strong reps with the TM to see if the TM is correct.

You could keep the tm for bench or just micro load it 2 lbs and not 5, the same would go for the press.

Anyway if you feel good and strong you should be good.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll switch to one tm rep on all deload work with very light assistance like you suggested. I’ll also keep going up by 5 on my upper lifts for the time being, as I work out at home and don’t have any micro plates. Will go until I hit 3 reps on my 1+ week and then I will reset my tm back, or do the cycle over. Thank you again.

Either reset or keep the cycle until you reach 6 or 7 reps on the final week, kind of boring to do the same lifts, but you’ll now what numbers to beat going in, that can be motivating.

1 Like

Squat deload (the right way!)

95x5
115x5
135x5
170x5
190x5
225x1

Forgot to update Fridays ohp deload

45x5
60x5
70x5
90x5
100x5
115x1

And on to today’s bench 5’s

75x5
95x5
110x5
120x5
140x5
160x11
150x5
130x5
120 5x5

Decided to add in a pyramid down on bench and ohp days to get a little bit more volume in. Maybe it’ll help, maybe it won’t but a little extra practice and form honing never hurts I suppose.

Kadinja- Super 90’s (instrumental)

1 Like

Deadlift 5’s

135x5
170x5
205x5
220x5
255x5
290x14
220 5x5

Weighed in at 191.5 this morning

Squat 5’s

95x5
120x5
140x5
155x5
175x5
200x18
155 5x5

Crushed it today. I have been doing paused reps on the fsl sets for the past few weeks and they seem to be helping immensely. The only issue I’ve been having with squats is wrist pain. I squat as low bar as I possibly can, and it makes my wrists turn in a way that really irritates them. I think I have to work a bit on shoulder mobility to be able to pack my arms in tighter to my body. Any suggestions???

Weighed 191.5 this morning

1 Like