Would You Kill Someone?

[quote]yorik wrote:
mazevedo wrote:
Klippy would.

I’m sure klippy already has.
[/quote]

One time Klip climbed Mt. Hood naked just to get to the other side and beat a bear to death with his barehands. Then he cut the bear open, fashioned it into a coat, climbed back over Mt. Hood.

On his way up the mountain, he got into a fight with a Marine Force Recon soldier who as 265 pounds of pure muscle doing mountaineering exercises and they fought on a ledge at the top of the mountain with nothing but cavernous depths below. Klip grabbed him by the skull and crushed it, and threw his body to the wind.

When he got back down to the other side, he bathed in the blood of a virgin and drank two 24oz bottles filled with grain alcohol. Then he grabbed his Remington 700P LTR and disappeared into the woods.

They say you can hear the screams of mountain lions at night as they’re being chased by him.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Unless you’ve ever actually killed someone, you have no idea under what circumstances you would do so. Those of you saying you’d kill to defend your family might freeze up in fear. You only have imagination.

[/quote]

Not necessarily.

There have been a few times that I have come pretty close.

It’s safe to say that under certain circumstances, Yes.

I also think that people who practice a good bit would be more capable too. Target practice isn’t just practice for shooting targets.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Target practice isn’t just practice for shooting targets.[/quote]

Lame. Targets don’t shoot back. It’s like karate guys saying that since they break boards, they can perform well in a fight. Totally different.

You obviously have never been in a kill-or-be-killed situation. That’s not a bad thing. You should thank your stars that you were never in a situation where you had to kill someone.

I’ll say it again: Unless you’ve had to kill someone, you have no idea what you would do.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
Threaten my family, let me see you hitting a woman or a child, attack me or my family, or touch my food I will not hesitate one second.

Okay the food was a little over the top. [/quote]

Thanks Trainer, I think you summed my thoughts in your post, as usual :slight_smile:
And by the way…When we going to Elite Fitness and taping us getting kicked out?

However; let me put this my way as well, you threaten my family, or my life: which in turn threatens my family and I will kill you with glee :slight_smile:

Lets turn this a little and say you are like the psycho of a mother that happened to prosper my son and you wish your monetary will on me and my son through ill-begotten gains through your prosperous parents: I will seek no end to your demise.

Damn I am ranting so ignore, or read on…

You lost custody for a reason, and your appeal only shows your parent’s ability to pay more to psychologists and other professionals to win a custody battle than I could possibly pay for same, and you, as a mother of a child, would have lost otherwise again.

You are a psycho skank bitch with rich parent’s to back her, and is a very poor mother and deserves to die because of your actions and unspeakable lies. It is people like you that make me ashamed to be a human being.

I want to definitely kill you bitch, because your parents can afford more than me, and morals, ethics, logic, and reason mean nothing to you. Your everything is about pleasing you, including your son’s life! In your mind it is all about what you can gain financially, emotionally, and with your parent’s paying…why not appeal after appeal? You got nothing to lose…right skank?

On the other hand …I cannot afford appeal after appeal, with a 10 member team of psychologist highly paid to testify for you on appeal after appeal, increasing each time and changing stories each time, so you win…SKANK!

But bitch trust me, I will fucking kill you and end this battle at my penniless will, through my strength, and not through the courts of will that have failed me because I cannot afford as much as your millionaire parents.

I am not the one.
Keep fucking with me!

Damn! am I pissed? What do you think my rant is about?

No my post was completely serious and unlike others who responded, I didn’t make any assumptions about your question. So I was referring to killing primarily in the military. That’s what I want to do, and yes I mean I want to kill. But I don’t want to kill just anybody, only those who are combatants or those who commit actions that without a doubt deserve killing.

I don’t agree with the statement that nobody knows how they will react until put in the situation. Everyone has a unique outlook on the world and I definitely have a desire, a thirst, to kill.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
[/quote]

What rant? I didn’t see a rant.

If someone has enough money for certain things, they have the ability to know what might be said on an internet forum.

Honestly, when asked if i could have any job i wanted, i ask back “Will it allow me to get away with anything with complete impunity?”

If the answer is yes to that, then i answer the original question posed with “a jet setting assassin.”

[quote]starsil9 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Unless you’ve ever actually killed someone, you have no idea under what circumstances you would do so. Those of you saying you’d kill to defend your family might freeze up in fear. You only have imagination.

Agreed!!

I had to contemplate this long and hard 30 years ago as a Pvt. in the USMC. I came to the conclusion then that the answer had to be yes or die. I never saw combat and never had to kill anyone, and I have always wondered if it had ever come down could I have preformed couragously, I’d like to say yes, but until you’ve been there you never know!!!

So to answer the question, in combat, yes, all the other scenarios (Love, revenge, etc.) I’d say my first reaction would be no, unless it was self defense or in defense of a loved one.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t call it the dumbest post ever, but anyone that has answered this thread hasn’t killed and anyone who has killed likely won’t respond.

There are a lot of military and ex-military that frequent this board, and I know for a fact that at least a handful have seen combat,

Also, there are a few ex-cons.

I would never kill anyone, unless they really pissed me off.

I’ll say it again: Unless you’ve had to kill someone, you have no idea what you would do.[/quote]

True and very fightclub ish haha

“I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I expect the same from them.”

Self defense.
Combat.

Never for money, love or revenge.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
starsil9 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Agreed!!

I had to contemplate this long and hard 30 years ago as a Pvt. in the USMC. I came to the conclusion then that the answer had to be yes or die. I never saw combat and never had to kill anyone, and I have always wondered if it had ever come down could I have preformed couragously, I’d like to say yes, but until you’ve been there you never know!!!

So to answer the question, in combat, yes, all the other scenarios (Love, revenge, etc.) I’d say my first reaction would be no, unless it was self defense or in defense of a loved one.

I wouldn’t call it the dumbest post ever, but anyone that has answered this thread hasn’t killed and anyone who has killed likely won’t respond.

There are a lot of military and ex-military that frequent this board, and I know for a fact that at least a handful have seen combat,

Also, there are a few ex-cons.[/quote]

Well…I was more in agreement with the point that you never know what you will do in that sort of a situation until you get there.

My father spent 23 years in the Marine Corp and has a Silver Star, and a Bronz Star, and 5 Distinguished flying crosses, a tour in Korea, and 2 tours in Vietnam. I’ve spoken with many combat veterans that have killed in combat, listened to more war stories than I can count.

You are correct anyone that has ever killed would probably not post in this thread.

Out of respect for those brave men I’ve known, I would never presume to know what they know, and I would never lie to myself that I would be brave and unflinching in combat. I would like to think I would be, but my humility forces me to admit that I just don’t know, and won’t unless I find myself in their shoes.

Never judge a soldier and what he does in combat, because until you’ve been there you just don’t know!!!

Jeez, dude… I understand where you’re coming from, but since pretty much anybody can read stuff on the Internet (read: lawyers, police, etc.)… might was to ask the mods to remove that post (and mine).

Later, and good luck with your son.
Bob

[quote]Petedacook wrote:

But bitch trust me, I will fucking kill you and end this battle at my penniless will, through my strength, and not through the courts of will that have failed me because I cannot afford as much as your millionaire parents.

I am not the one.
Keep fucking with me!

[/quote]

Just because you’ve been in that situation, and maybe didn’t know what you’d do until you’ve been there, doesn’t mean everyone else wouldn’t know what they’d do, so get off your high horse.

I knew what I would do before I was in any situation, and I still know what I would do.

The same with raising a child. I knew how I’d raise a child before I had one (but of course all the parents said nobody knows until you have one yourself), and go figure, when I had one I raised her the way I knew I would, and she’s a very happy, well disciplined little girl.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
No, I’m not contemplating murder (at least not this week). But I’m curious. Under what circumstances would you, personally, with a gun, a knife, a club, or with your bare hands, end the life of another human being?

Would you do it for money? For love? For revenge? For a political ideal? For religion? In self-defence? For fun? Or never?

“Everyone I’ve killed was someone’s father… someone’s son…someone’s brother.”

–The Mariachi [/quote]

To defend an innocent, me, my family, or i war

Yes

CaliforniaLaw, I think you have misread my intention in starting this thread. I am not asking if people think that they would be technically able to kill, but rather in what circumstances would they feel personally justified in doing so.

I agree that it is highly unlikely that most people will react in a life-or-death situation the way they imagine themselves acting. Nevertheless, someone who anticipates ever having to use deadly force should still attempt to prepare himself as best he can through training. Technical skill is certainly an important aspect of this training, but mental conditioning is just as important. And asking oneself these questions is part of the process.

Certainly, there’s a big difference between “would I?” and “could I?”. The second question may be unanswerable until the last moment, but in my opinion, the first question must be answered way in advance.

SkyzykS wrote:
Target practice isn’t just practice for shooting targets.

Lame. Targets don’t shoot back. It’s like karate guys saying that since they break boards, they can perform well in a fight. Totally different.

You obviously have never been in a kill-or-be-killed situation. That’s not a bad thing. You should thank your stars that you were never in a situation where you had to kill someone.

I’ll say it again: Unless you’ve had to kill someone, you have no idea what you would do.[/quote]

You obviously haven’t known the people I’ve known or done what I’ve done.

If you underestimate people and situations this badly, you will do well to stick to the dojo.