Would You Kill Someone?

blood makes the grass grow,kill kill kill

Only in defense: of myself, friend, family, stranger…

…any idiot who changes my car radio to a country station.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
Klippy would.[/quote]

I’m surprised Klippy
s not all over this thread with epic tales of assassinations and such.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
Klippy would.[/quote]

Fuck! You beat me to it!

Street Cred…

Sexually molest my childeren or my wife, or threaten their lives or mine, and I will snuff you right the fuck out. So I guess the answer is yes.

Would I get caught? Is the person an asshole?

To protect the ones I love, or in this hypothetical situation would I be pussywhipped and ordered by her highness to off someone?

Depending on what was done. Did you take a baseball bat to my car? I’ll kill you. Did you do anything to my dog? I’ll set you on fire in a small room with no way out. My mother? Kill. A friend? … It depends on the friend. Did you steal my money? Not likely, but I’d find a good PI and have him make your life difficult. An ex-girlfriend? I’ll buy you a drink.

Unless the political ideal is someone believing they should enslave me, no.

Unless the religion involves someone believing they should enslave me or kill me, no.

Without hesitation.

What’s fun about killing someone?

Nobody would never kill someone. Even self-declared pacifists have a breaking point.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
No, I’m not contemplating murder (at least not this week). But I’m curious. Under what circumstances would you, personally, with a gun, a knife, a club, or with your bare hands, end the life of another human being?

Would you do it for money? For love? For revenge? For a political ideal? For religion? In self-defence? For fun? Or never?

“Everyone I’ve killed was someone’s father… someone’s son…someone’s brother.”

–The Mariachi [/quote]

I’m assuming you mean killing in a somewhat pre-emptive, premeditated sense. I think killing someone as a natural reaction counts mostly as self-defense. I’m also assuming you’re excluding conscription, military, and police action.

Basically, I’m assuming you mean killing in a non-reactionary, 100% voluntary situation.

For money? No.

For love? Not sure what you mean. Maybe.

For revenge? Under extreme circumstances, possibly.

For a political ideal? No.

For religion? No.

For self-defense? Absolutely.

For fun? Uh, no.

Never? Not a chance.

Fuck with the Wu-tang clan and you might just get fucked up.

knife no, Gun yes, stick (escrima style) yes, barehands- I’m not sure.

It would take a lot to get me to that mental switch. I’m a naturally aggressive person and I get angry quicker than I would ever like to admit (much more than I ever show anyone)… but getting to the point of murder is quite a leap.

Killing is diff. than murder, imo.

Warfare for instance (as a soldier) I’m sure I’d have that momentary flinch/fear whatever but I’d do what I have to.

Murder is a whole other step.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
Klippy would.[/quote]

I’m sure klippy already has.

Yes. But I don’t ever want to.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Would you do it for money? For love? For revenge? For a political ideal? For religion? In self-defence? For fun? Or never?[/quote]

In order:
I hope not
No
Yes, if my wife were messed with
No, but I’ve thought about it a lot
No
Yes
No
I answered that

Yes, but anyone who suggests that they could do so without recurring nightmares is a sociopath or a liar.

Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Unless you’ve ever actually killed someone, you have no idea under what circumstances you would do so. Those of you saying you’d kill to defend your family might freeze up in fear. You only have imagination.

[quote]CCFan wrote:
Yes, but anyone who suggests that they could do so without recurring nightmares is a sociopath or a liar.[/quote]

You left out Internet warrior.

Killing is my business…and business is good!

I think everyone has the potential of killing another human being.

Everything is relative, what is better an apple pie or a toilet? Depends on the situation. (Although they are correlated, since part of the digested apple pie will go thru the toilet seat).

But don’t get me wrong there is a difference between stabbing someone 45 times, and shooting someone that broke to your house possing a threat to your life.

I think that I would do it if the circumstances call for it, and most likely it will come in the way of self defense.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Unless you’ve ever actually killed someone, you have no idea under what circumstances you would do so. Those of you saying you’d kill to defend your family might freeze up in fear. You only have imagination.

[/quote]

Agreed!!

I had to contemplate this long and hard 30 years ago as a Pvt. in the USMC. I came to the conclusion then that the answer had to be yes or die. I never saw combat and never had to kill anyone, and I have always wondered if it had ever come down could I have preformed couragously, I’d like to say yes, but until you’ve been there you never know!!!

So to answer the question, in combat, yes, all the other scenarios (Love, revenge, etc.) I’d say my first reaction would be no, unless it was self defense or in defense of a loved one.

^