Thick Thighs

Under no circumstances should you try to atrophy her leg muscles if she wants her thighs to be smaller.

Like several people have said, it’s the fat, not the muscle, that makes them look bigger. Training with hard and heavy leg weights while eating right will make her legs smaller and more compact, preserving her muscle for the time when her BF% is low enough for the legs to be lean and shapely.

LOL, thanx!

There is NOTHING better than a 5’2" (or shorter) chick with short little thick thighs. Tell ur chick she’s fine now, don’t mess up what nature already gave her. She could have a breastless, buttless, legless, stick body like Paris Hilton. Man I’d break that chick if I got her in the missionary.

It is hard to know what the definition of “thick thighs” is without a picture for context.

Reducing calories, while not working out and waiting for the muscle to atrophy, will probably make her hate her legs more. Muscle can start to atrophy within a week of not adhering to an exercise regimen. Cardio, like running will cause a leaner look to occur. She should probably be working out aerobically which is about 65% of her heart rate max ( 220-age ). This will still burn fat, but not build the type of muscle that she obviously does not like…this is what I do because I normally tend to pack on the muscle in my legs and I wanted them to be thinner : )

She should try Pilates. It’s what all the actresses and models swear by. It makes you longer and leaner without being bulky!

I’m kidding, don’t poop your pants. I look at people that engage in certain activities and see the differences in their body compared to others. If you want to be thin then run distances. Getting thinner is easier than being lean and muscular…but we all know that.

John K is absolutely right. We need to examine photographs of her as a whole, to determine how her body type and fat distribution will affect what kind of regimen we think she should be on.

She just needs to start doing heavy squats and working 15-20 sets on leg press with increasing poundages. After that routine is done, she could benefit from heavy romanian deadlifts. Finish her up on the seated calf press for 10-12 sets. Remember to have her increase protein.

[quote]
She just needs to start doing heavy squats and working 15-20 sets on leg press with increasing poundages. After that routine is done, she could benefit from heavy romanian deadlifts. Finish her up on the seated calf press for 10-12 sets. Remember to have her increase protein. [/quote]

What?

Let’s see some pics!

I agree with the posters who claim that the undesirable thickness can be from fat. When my BF went from 15% to 21%, my thighs got quite a bit larger than they had been. Have her drop to 14-15% BF and see if she likes her legs better.

I also agree with recommendations to build upper body. This can make an unbelievable difference.

SteelyEyes was making fun of Pilates (I think), but I believe that Pilates exercises can help the look of thighs by improving alignment. If femurs are internally rotated, hips and thighs look sort of fat and bad. Same with anterior pelvic tilt. Many women have these problems (including me). The Pilates “stance” addresses that rotation and also pelvic tilt. I think that the reason so many people like Pilates is that it addresses common postural imbalances.

“She should try Pilates. It’s what all the actresses and models swear by. It makes you longer and leaner without being bulky!”

now thats some funny shit!

could you imagine the results if you combined that with the “hollywood 48 hr miracle diet?”