Shoulderhorn for rotator cuff problems?

Has anyone used the shoulderhorn for rotator cuff problems?

Yes,and it worked wonders for me.I purchased one after injuring my shoulder several years back,and it enabled me to properly isolate and strengthen my external rotators,and not only restore,but surpass my previous levels of upper body strength.It cost me around $160 to get the damn thing to Australia,but it was worth every cent.

thanks a lot boombam!

I purchased a shoulder horn about 4 months ago for chronic anterior shoulder pain. I tried ARC treatments for a month with only minimal relief. After only 3-4 weeks of shoulder horn exercises I was pain free. Still use it about twice a week. So, for me, it was a great investment.

Where do you go to get one on-line?,my rotators can definately use some isolation!

I use it on occasion. I do one external rotation exercise once a week for 3 or 4 sets, and I’d say I use the shoulder horn about 1/4 of the time. It works fine, but not better than any other external rotation exercise you can do without specialized equipment.

Buy it, use it. Very good. Actually, I got it for free. You actually don’t need it for working the rotator cuff muscles. Just do that one exercise ( the L- fly ) like you would if you had the shoulder horn on. Save your money. It is good though!

Mike, you can actually do the almost identical movement by simply using an adjustable flat bench. Sit right beside the bench with a 90 degree bend in the elbow of the arm closest to the bench. Your tricep should be supported by the bench. From this position (with a dumbbell), you can perform the same movement that you can with the shoulder horn. Just be sure to get a bench that is low enough so that your elbow is never above the level of your shoulder. I have used this exercise to great effect over the years, and best of all, it’s free!

Thank you very much t-men for the great advice!