MD6 and Dieting

For those interested, I would like to reflect on some of my diet experimentations. I hit the T-dawg diet for a few weeks, and my only reaction was to store more fat in my lower ab area, and my daily calorie consumption was about 2200 cal/day, which was just under the 2350 that I calculated from the article’s directions. Not good. Since, I’ve lowered my calorie consumption to 2000 cal/day roughly 60 grams fat, 100 grams carbs, 270 grams protien while taking 5 caps of MD6 a day. In seven days, I lost 4.5 pounds. Also not good. Currently, at 5’6 180 pounds, I’m back to 2350 calories a day, 90 grams of fat, 100 carbs on nonworkout days, 125 on workout days, 260 grams of protien, and 4 caps (2 am, 1 noon, 1 pm) and I’ve lost two pounds in nine days. So far so good. I’m going to stay on this diet and hit the Androsol as soon as the backorder is over and they me the stuff. Feedback, questions, suggestions welcome.

Sounds like you’re eating too much protein and too little fat. Someone else can correct me here if I’m wrong, but there aren’t any ketogenic diets based on carbohydrate consumption greater than fat consumption on a per gram basis. Cut the carbs down to maybe 50gms a day, take the protein down to maybe a gram per lb. of bodyweight or so and eat nothing else but fat!!!. In the absence of carbohydrates, the body can and will convert protein into glucose which will totally obliterate the low-carb approach. I have found that I can actually eat more calories on low-carb diets, but although very tempting, you must keep the protein in check as well. We all aren’t Chris Shugart you know (Dr. Modified T-Dawg). Good luck

In response to eating more fat and less protien, if you figure it out on a calorie basis, at 90 grams fat and 100 grams carbs, that’s 810 calories from fat and 400 calories from carbs. I definitely don’t consider this eating an equal amount of carbs and fat. Also, the fact that I’m not basing my diet on fat means that my energy has to come from somewhere, hence the extra protien. Since I’m eating more than 30 grams of carbs a day, I don’t intend to enter a ketogenic state. Ketosis is an extrememly unhealthy state to put your body into. I believe that a 20% carbs, 35% fat, 45% protien diet with some MD6 and two days of cardio a week will suffice in bringing my bodyfat down to a reasonable, no, make that hardcore shredded, level in a couple months… hey!! just in time for summer!!

Hi Choad. From the info you’ve given, I concur w. BT. If you’re unsatisfied with your results, I guarantee you’re eating way too much pro and not enough fat. When you restrict your carb intake, you need the fat to provide your energy. Excess protein will just convert to glucose. What I would suggest is to try to get most of your fat from EFA’s such as flax/Udo’s, fish oil, etc. Whether you want full-blown ketosis or not, you need more fat on this type of diet. I didn’t catch your bodyweight/bodyfat, but a simple yet effective method (not mine-from Lyle McDonald) is to take whatever your diet calorie level is, use approx. 1 g./lb bw protein and subtract the cals (4 cal/gm), then subtract your carb cals (also 4 cal/gm), and get the rest from fat. I use 12x bw for myself for a calorie level, but I have a feeling we’re going to get a much better method from the esteemed John Berardi next week. Yes it will be geared more for mass, but you can at least use his maintenance level and subtract 500 cal. or so. Hope this helps!