Jays Bicep

that makes a whole lot of sense thanks…dont know if it sounds stupid i know little or nothing about the use of gear but surely bodybuilders (especially the ones that hold more mass and have blockier midsections than there competitors) should take this route… like i see know obvious reason why the likes of kai and jay would consider bulking up to high 200s or even 300 when you can grow into the show…if jay thinks this would result in a whole upgraded look(which im assuming is more aesthetic) i can only imagine how some like kai would look if he were to do the exact same thing

[quote]gregron wrote:
Could this be a slight change in the direction that bodybuilding is heading? Back to a slightly “smaller” more “aesthetic” build? (ala the “golden era”?)

I’m sure many would be behind that (myself included)
[/quote]
I’m with you, I think it would be great if bodybuilding went in that direction.

Size Matters… The masses want bigger and freakier… No chance this will ever go backward.

I agree with Swolle. I don’t think the golden era look will ever return…

but I’m still dying to know what Jay has in plan.

I have no problem with freaky mass, but to take a cue from the Golden Era and bring back smaller bellies would be a plus.

One of the things which initially made BBers stand out from “regular” athletic dudes was the dramatic difference between waist and shoulder/chest sizes.

Thanks for posting that video; it’s definitely interesting. I’m a Cutler fan, and I’m curious what his “plans” are with this weight loss. He’s basically lost 20 lbs. in less than 2 months, and it really shows.

His genetic bone structure seems relatively thick (e.g. wide hip bones) so I don’t know how well a “slimmed down” version would work for him as opposed to the guys whose frame/shape is more suited for that look.

Also, around 7:40 Jay addresses the SEO vs. biceps tear issue, for those that are wondering.

Jay’s two big contracts are also both set to expire in the next few months I believe (MD and M-Tech), so if those aren’t renewed, definitely a drop in income.

S

i heard somewhere about a class called “the classic class.” not sure if it will fly or take off, we have sooo many different categories now w/ men’s and women’s physique added + bikini. i think it was something planned for the YK to favor a push toward classic streamlining.

as much as i like the size, i agreee w/ ID…nice to see those tiny waist lines.

Interesting thread!
Jay’s torn bicep
SEO’s
AAS & growing into shows
Jay’s contracts due to expire - prompt’s a new direction for his career?
A new classic class in bodybuilding (sounds great imo)

But this bullshit…

The threat of muscle tearing from bone because they are too large??? Anyone with under 18inch bicpes should not worry about this??? HA FUCKIN HA’ BROOOSCIENCE 101 right there, wow!

Muscle will tear carefree of what fucking size you are.

Here are some BASIC reasons why a muscle might tear…

A muscle that is fatigued and overstrained is more likely to tear

Lack of flexibility can also contribute to muscle tears. Limber muscles perform better under strain than tight muscles.

Cold muscles lack the plasticity to endure quick changes in force and can tear under strain - so warm up!

Muscle strength imbalances - think hamstring tear due to overdeveloped quadriceps when kicking. The hamstring in this case is the antagonist and decelerates knee extension during the kick. If it does not have the adequate strength to do its job it tears against the force generated by the stronger quads.

Faulty motor patterning with failure of the antagonist to cocontract against the agonist during simple movements like bending over to pick up a pink dumbbell - this can be brought on by an overreliance on isolation exercises / machine based training and dare I say it, UNFUCNTIONAl training!

‘NOT’ because you are sooo massive you simply tear muscle from bone by simply scratching your arse ← what sense does this even make?

/ rant

[quote]23278 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I agree. I don’t think people get how easy it is to tear a muscle when it is big enough that one simple reflex contraction could tear it from bone. These are issues you don’t have to worry about when your arms are under 18" around. Some guy with 22" arms jerks out of the way to swat a mosquito and the force generated from it is nowhere near what most here put into a biceps curl.[/quote]

It doesn’t take much if you have a lot of explosive power. I did mine sweeping out a 160lb guys leg while sparring. Too much force in the snap and the minute my forearm hit his ankle it tore. Might as well have been a brick wall.[/quote]

mmmm… i gonna disagree somewhat. Having big strong muscles that easily rip from the bone doing everyday tasks? just doesn’t make sense not even on a body mechanics level.
Instead I suggest it’s due to other factors unique to bbers:
-prolonged & intense isolation training
-low bf levels
-dryness to achieve that ripped look
-perhaps with geared bbers the muscles grow bigger/stronger much faster than the tendons, ligaments, and conective sinews which in turn set a guy up for imbalances that cause injury like we see?

after all, other heavily muscled athletes, we don’t here about same kind of injuries while doing mundane things like swatting a mosquito, or walking down flight of stairs, or opening a bottle of ketchup.

WOW i just noticed Slaing’s post above mine! We’re thinking on the same line.

HGH will fix the AAS induced tendon/ ligament issues… Just saying

[quote]Swolle wrote:
HGH will fix the AAS induced tendon/ ligament issues… Just saying[/quote]

You mean, just speculating… No one truly knows what these chemicals really do to the makeup of your body let alone tissues like the tendons and ligaments. Results, even if you base them off a case study, will show that these pros who take AAS along with HGH rip tendons from bones. What an atrocious side effect in order to claim a trophy

^however since it’s still not exactly the body’s natural process, it’s gonna be hit & miss and guessing game as how much the two keep pace with eachother, hypertrophy & strength vs tendon/ligament size & strength.

And that’s why I dislike posting in this forum…

Forget Jay’s Bicep, check out his Mani/Pedi!

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
And that’s why I dislike posting in this forum…[/quote]

Lol bro, what is keeping you here if you dislike posting so much? Honestly, when people write stuff like this it really puzzles me. Why even waste your time?

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
And that’s why I dislike posting in this forum…[/quote]

Lol bro, what is keeping you here if you dislike posting so much? Honestly, when people write stuff like this it really puzzles me. Why even waste your time? [/quote]

There’s some good people here whom I enjoy reading and seeing their progress, like Mighty Stu and Waylander. However, for every good post I read there’s a thousand flaming ones, straw man arguments, delusional bro-science, ego writing and pointless call-outs, for instance, people acting as if steroid use is limited to bodybuilders alone and not 99% of every sport out there, and certain authors here writing how everyone sucks and everyone trains wrong and how they’re awesome.

But I linger around because there’s are still some good information being posted, but sometimes my bullshit filter can’t handle all the work.

[quote]Swolle wrote:
The concept of growing into a show is simple… think of it like shrink wrapping. If bodybuilders diet and take less gear their weight is lower and muscle size becomes slightly smaller. If they hold onto this for awhile their skin tightens up. Then when they add more gear or change their regimen and add muscle, the skin gets stretched and they appear bigger and leaner than if they gain weight and diet down for a competition. Old school bodybuilders did this a lot. Arnold talked a lot about gaining weight to compete. HE WONT be smaller or lighter by the time he hits the stage again, as long as his bicep tear gets taken care of. The wonders of AAS and Growth will do amazing things for his healing rate when he has surgery.[/quote]

quoted for visibilty, thanks for saving my space.

Remember, Ronnie used to start talkin a 3 month offseason from weights later in his career. Remember, BB isn’t about being bigger, its looking better.

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
And that’s why I dislike posting in this forum…[/quote]

Lol bro, what is keeping you here if you dislike posting so much? Honestly, when people write stuff like this it really puzzles me. Why even waste your time? [/quote]

There’s some good people here whom I enjoy reading and seeing their progress, like Mighty Stu and Waylander. However, for every good post I read there’s a thousand flaming ones, straw man arguments, delusional bro-science, ego writing and pointless call-outs, for instance, people acting as if steroid use is limited to bodybuilders alone and not 99% of every sport out there, and certain authors here writing how everyone sucks and everyone trains wrong and how they’re awesome.

But I linger around because there’s are still some good information being posted, but sometimes my bullshit filter can’t handle all the work.

[/quote]

That’s all well and good and I agree with some of it but all of the issues you listed can be found on every bodybuilding forum out there. If you hadn’t realized, IM is a very close-minded forum as well.