How to cook chicken breasts

hey everyone, just wondering how the hell people cook their chicken breasts without making them as dry as highschool teachers cooch??? Every time i grill them they taste like shit… Should i boild them, fry them, what should i do guys???

Scoob: Gotta’ add Aluminum Foil to your budget! The key with most meats (especially lean ones) AND fish (Salmon should be a staple for all us muscleheads!) is to 1) retain juices and/or 2)marinade. Here’s what I do with Salmon (just substitute Chicken or Turkey breast. By the way, Turkey Breast are also something to consider. Most supermarket Deli’s will slice it up for you in easily measurable slices):

Marinade

2 tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
1 minced onion
1 tablespoon of fresh Parsley
1 tablespoon Cilantro
Frozen Mixed Veggies
Tomato Sauce
2 Jalapenos

Directions

1)In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, pepper, lemon juice, onions, parsley, cilantro, and jalapenos. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass-baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.

2)Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

3)Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade and add bell pepper and tomato sauce. Seal. Place aluminum foil sealed salmon in the glass dish and bake 20-30 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.

I make up a batch for the week on Sunday. Simply pick a packet out of the Fridge when ready to eat, pop it in the ole’ Tupperware and Microwave…and VOILA! Hope this helps!..and Bon Appetite!

Scoobi,
I don’t know what ur diet is… …If ur diet isn’t that “strict,” try cooking the breasts in the oven at 345 on bake for as long as it takes them to get honey-colored with EITHER: onion soup / hawaiin sauce / cooking wine with bbq sauce / mojo criollo and honey
I’ve tried cooking them w/ ketchup b4 and even that worked…
If ur diet is 2 strict 4 any of these, then SUCK IT UP… u get used to it… BELIEVE ME

I’ve become quite the master of Hot Sauces in the past year of so. As long as you’re not watching your sodium intake (and who is?!), Most hot sauces have no carbs, no fat,… no nothing! and if you actually like it (like I do) you can put it on pretty much everything.

George Foreman grill – cooks so fast that juices all stay in. truly awesome.

Mufasa, will u make me some chicken breast?? :wink:

ditto that George Foreman grill! Salmon steaks, filets, chicken breasts – all take 7 minutes and taste fantastic. Just sprinkle a little season salt and pepper on the breast and drop the lid. A TBS of good salsa makes for an interesting variation, w/ no fat. I’m living in Thailand, and I brought one over from the States with a humongous transformer for the voltage drop, that’s how much I like mine.

I broil them in one of those little toaster ovens. They come out juicy.

Another vote for George Foreman. Afterwards. I drench it in Tabasco Sauce. Also, mixing in some flaxseed oil with this is a good way to mask the taste.

Here’s what I do. I put them into a frying pan with about 1/4 inch of water. Then I fry/boil them. It takes about 10 minutes. The water heats up and adds to the cooking…plus I use a cover so they are also steamed at the same time. Start at med-high then go to medium…they keep most of the juice.

Judging by your pathetic butchering of the King’s english, you never went beyond elementary school and no self respecting woman, especially one who values intellectual pursuits as a teacher does, will ever let you see her “cooch” so I don’t know how an idiot like you could know if it were dry or not. I counted 25 errors just in your poetic prose above. Quit spanking the monkey and go to night school.

Does anyone else get a burned skin on their chicken when using the Foreman grill? I always get a tough layer of burned skin on either side of my chicken… I’ve just started broiling my chicken and Salmon, they stay very juicy. I’ve debated broiling a steak, but I can’t bring myself to do it yet.

Yeah you right. The George Foreman grill is great for chicken breasts. especially if you marinat the breasts in seasonin and anything that is acidic, vinigar, beer(my favorite), or lemon juice and water.

HAHAHA! OH MY GOD Ms. H.S. Teacher!!! I can’t believe you even wrote the shit you did. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS FOR MOMENT!! I have a hot “self respecting” g/f so i dont want to go near any of my old high shcool teachers. I know there are hot teachers out there. I was just mucking around. WHO THE FUCK CARES!! I don’t need night school either. Im already a compting student and soon to be getting a sic ass job. I dont come on hear for ppl to correct my puntuation. NOBODY HERE GIVES A FUCK!!! I type quickly and dont go and revise my posts like you do. And 25 errors you say??? WTF? You sound like a typical high school teacher… NO SENSE OF HUMOUR! GET A LIFE AND DONT BE SO UP TIGHT! You think i dont get computer nerd jokes from everyone?? FUCK YEAH I DO!!! Do i care??? FUCK NO!!!
P.S You’re insulting the entire population with the “spanking the monkey” comment!!! EVERYONE DOES IT!

Scoob, I AGRI (lol)
WTF? Who cares? It’s not like we’re on the computer all day checking our spelling …

Ang Ms. HS Teacher: YOU ARE A ________ 4 JUST COUNTING HIS MISTAKES… NOTHING BETTER 2 DO? GO GRADE SOME PAPERS… Actually develope a lesson plan –

Anyways, this is called T-MAG. That stands for TESTOSTERONE [SEE THE TOP OF THE f*#king PAGE] – THAT IS A HORMONE FOUND IN BOTH SEXES THAT IS MORE EVIDENT IN MEN… IF you don’t like the way these t-drenched men talk, get the f*#$ OUT!!

Don’t give women like us a bad name – HE WAS JOKING… And if you are a good teacher, then I deeply appologize… Get a freakin’ sense of humor!!!

FYI: “english” should have been capitalized when you referenced the King’s English, and “self respecting” should be hyphenated, as it’s being used as a compound modifier of woman.

On the Foreman grill, lightly brush the chicken with olive oil to help prevent burning the skin. I use those bags of boneless chicken tenderloins you can get in the freezer section. Being somewhat thinner and uniform thickness, compared to chicken breasts, these tenderloins cook very well in about 3 minutes.

Here’s a sure-fire trick for cooking any chicken to perfection, including whole chickens. It works every time. Place the chicken in a pot and add enough water to cover it at least 1 inch. Remove the chicken and boil the water. Add the chicken and cover the pot. The water will temporarily stop boiling as the chicken warms up. As soon as the water begins boiling again, turn OFF the heat, and let sit for 1 hour with the cover on. At the end of 1 hour, it will be perfectly cooked, tender and juicy every time.

use salt and pepper.

Another twist to chicken: buy some powdered Ranch dressing, some finely graded bread crumbs, pour both into a large Glad Zip-Lock bag. Cut the raw chicken into smaller pieces (like chicken strips size), dip the chicken in some type of oil then put the chicken into the zip-lock bag with the bread crumbs. Shake and Shake until the chick is covered with crumbs, place onto a pan in the oven and cook until they are done (don’t over cook, otherwise they will dry out). Don’t forget to throw away the bread crumbs in the zip-lock bag b/c of bacteria. You can use this idea for other flavoring too.

Let’s reset…bird’s dry right? Here is the secret…are you with me? Okay…the key is love man. You’ve got to love the bird. No I’m not talking about some sort of T.C.-type deviancy here. Back off on the heat. On a stove top set the dial no higher than 6. Be patient and flip it over often enough so that it doesn’t stick to the pan. Kitchen scissors and tongs are helpful. Once you think it might be ready, use your tools to pick up the breast and snip into the thickest part. What you are looking for is the absence of raw meat. This is a critical distinction and the reason people often overdo their birds. Use your discretion to get it to a level of doneness you are comfortable with. Being paranoid, I often use my scissors to cut up the breast into bite size chunks and weed out any sketchy parts. Garnish with fresh Rosemary and a dash of Kosher salt and you’re golden.