Happy 4/20!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
SSC wrote:
4:20 was when detention got out for a particular high school. Those people who were in detention would then use 4:20 as a code for when they were all going to go smoke.

What “particular” high school was it, Scooby?

420 is the rejection code for the USPS urinalysis test.[/quote]

San Rafael High School near San Fransisco.

As for the rejection code, it’s not likely that it’s the origin, mostly because of the timeline. The term 420 became popular in the early 70’s, and the USPS test, its procedures, and codes are frequently modified and changed.

[quote]Split wrote:
420 was also the police code for people smoking up.[/quote]

Also false. The number 420 is not police radio code for anything, anywhere. Checks of criminal codes suggest that the origin is neither Californian nor federal. For instance, California Penal Code 420 defines as a misdemeanor the hindrance of use of public lands.

Sorry, I really don’t mean to be so nit-picky, but I hear the same bad information year in and year out. It’s kind of like seeing a “Bulk or Cut” thread around here, see?

OK there are a lot of stories about the origin of 420

It was also the time Mexicans would go on their break to go smoke… at 4:20…

its also Hitlers birthday.

I dont just smoke trees, I put a forest in the air!

You long-haired hippie pot-smokers… just simmer the fuck down! It’s just a day like any other.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
You long-haired hippie pot-smokers… just simmer the fuck down! It’s just a day like any other.[/quote]

I know! As if I NEEDED a reason to smoke…

I see Step Brothers, Mastodon videos, youtube, and Taco Bell in my near future…

Happy Holidays!

The best part about 4/20 is the socialness. Stoners everywhere gather in major cities and celebrate the one thing they all have in common.

Imagine if all the stoners got together and formed a country using Johann Fichte’s concept of nationalism… The world would be a better place.

They had a Marley-fest this past weekend in the middle of Austin to celebrate 4/20 weekend.

Apparently I didn’t get the memo =(

I’m waiting for Toronto’s Global Marijuana March in early May. I want to celebrate 4/20 properly, but with three exams coming up I really can’t spare the downtime, or the brief impairment of short-term memory right now.

Which is unfortunate, since I have some vintage green that really needs to go.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
You long-haired hippie pot-smokers… just simmer the fuck down! It’s just a day like any other.[/quote]

You told hippie pot smokers to simmer down…?

I thought that was funny.

[quote]Itchy wrote:
Holy shit! Today is also my mom’s birthday–thanks for reminding me![/quote]

and Hitler’s

whatever it means…happy holidays to all my herb smoking bretherin

[quote]masonator wrote:

Happy Holidays![/quote]

Haha, awesome! I was just going to watch Step Brothers later as well.

[quote]ItWasntMe wrote:
The best part about 4/20 is the socialness. Stoners everywhere gather in major cities and celebrate the one thing they all have in common.
[/quote]

Man, I remember 4/20 two years ago. We were at my buddy’s apartment, and we probably had 20-25 people all sitting around in his living room… it was awesome. So far that’s definitely the biggest fluent circle I’ve been in so far!

I’m a bit surprised as to how little action this thread got. I know this is a health site, but come on! Herbs are healthy.

[quote]SSC wrote:
masonator wrote:

Happy Holidays!

Haha, awesome! I was just going to watch Step Brothers later as well.

ItWasntMe wrote:

Man, I remember 4/20 two years ago. We were at my buddy’s apartment, and we probably had 20-25 people all sitting around in his living room… it was awesome. So far that’s definitely the biggest fluent circle I’ve been in so far![/quote]

Lol wow, did all of you get in a that 70s show circle or not?

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
G4 is showing Half Baked sometime today in case anyone is interested. [/quote]

I just have to say G4 is one of my top networks… I love all their event coverages… AOTS is one of my favorite shows! haha…

Happy 4/20, all my friends have been celebrating this day since Jan 1st 09!

Friend of mine woke me up at 2:00 in the morning to text me this picture.

Get blazed, bros. Get blazed.

dude

So…this ISENT about Hitlers Birthday?

Straight Edge and proud of it.