Getting Huge and Handsome

this thread makes me lawl. this guy would be a good candidate for the physique clinic

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Honestly, these look like a cluster fuck. It looks like you read Arnold’s Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding and a Chad Waterbury TBT article and smashed them together into a ridiculous amount of volume. If you have 5 years of lifting experience and think this is anything resembling a reasonable approach for any period of time, then I have to question what the hell you have been doing in the weight room.[/quote]

I am currently on a program that is identical to the one listed above but with Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Saturday and Sunday off. I get about 150grams of protein and 2000 calories, about a 30% protein, 30% carbs, 40% fat split. I have lost about 9lbs in the last 4 weeks on this program without strength loss.

Before this I would a workout something like this.
(Monday only)Deadlift x4 x3 x2 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1
Benchpress x4 x2 x1
weighted Pullups x4 x3 x2
Facepull x8 x6 x4
Dumbell Shoulder press x8 x6 x4
Row x10 x6 x6
Crunches 3x-
Hamstring curls x10 x8 x6
Farmers walk 3 walks.
(Wednesday only)Legpress (no power rack or this would be squats)x6 x4 x2

I would gain about 2-5 lbs a month doing this, stress and diet depended. I also havn’t been this successfully my entire 5 years of lifting. Thats why I am not 250lbs.

I do that entire workout within 1 hour, and I haven’t had any problems with overtraining, or strength stagnation.

[quote]ragingbassist wrote:
My advice, don’t do anything that you wrote in your tread. There is no structure or proper balance in the way you intend to target your muscle groups. You are hitting the same muscles 3x a week doing the same exact exercises? Please read one of the MANY articles here on routines as well as the ones on nutrition. You are only 175lbs. and you’re eating 456 grams of protein? That’s not smart at all man. Your downing a whole can of black beans before you lift? What sense does that make? I like your enthusiasm and high expectations, but you need a proper diet and lifting routine to get where you want. It’s all on here man. Just look it up and then get to it.

Good luck man[/quote]

The idea I used is equal upper body presses and pulls. Dumbbell shoulder press to facepulls, pull ups to incline press, bench press to row. Then I switch off my lower body exercise from deadlift once a week and leg press and squats once a week. If thats not balance then I don’t know what is, balance may be something I don’t get.

Dark red beans 30 minutes before workout. Is because it has worked in the past. I have had excellent workouts from them. They are a good carb source (both simple and complex) with protein to prevent catabolism support, they are also inexpensive and I like how they taste.

I’ve done lots of reading, this article tells me if I gorge on protein that I will increase protein synthesis 10% and prevent muscle break down 11%. So if I gorge all day long then shouldn’t the effects be greater? The same article says the small intestine can absorb 500-700 grams of protein at once, so 450 throughout a day shouldn’t be a problem. http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=461429

My workout looks similar to this http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=508031

With some of this in it.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=724381

I only plan on keeping this intensity for 2-4 weeks depending on how life treats me, it is also during Christmas break and I am unemployed. After that I plan on taking a full week off while keeping the diet the same for 2-3 days after I stop lifting.

Aside from my unrealistic goals do things look better at all? Having read articles and done my earnest to learn from them what exactly would people recommend I do in order to improve this workout.

why wait two weeks??? just go SSJ3 and gain 14 pounds in a second

You need to go back to the basics, obviously.

It sounds like you are overcomplicating things tremendously.

What about the handsome part? Plastic surgeon?

super saiyans are irresistible

[quote]lizard king wrote:
What about the handsome part? Plastic surgeon?[/quote]

I was thinking a haircut maybe. Also shaving my beard would help.

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
why wait two weeks??? just go SSJ3 and gain 14 pounds in a second[/quote]

Because I can’t DUH, last time I checked I was human not a Saiyan. Plus that takes like 20 minutes sometimes even 2 hours depending. Jesus man you don’t you know anything?

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
why wait two weeks??? just go SSJ3 and gain 14 pounds in a second[/quote]

haha I love threads like these

troll idiots wtf

I have no idea why you’re getting so much hate. The volume looks solid- I mean, we’re talking about 20-25 sets per workout. That’s definitely not unheard of. It looks like you’ll be eating enough to grow… I think the rate you posted is a bit unrealistic, but I’m far from the first person to tell you this and you seem to know it yourself anyway… make sure you’re overall calories are high enough as well, so that your body isn’t scavenging protein as fuel and you should do well.

And if not, you’ll be rediculously sore and stomach-achey for the next two weeks. Either way, it should be a good experience.

The pre-workout beans threw me. Since you’ve explained how it works for you… good luck with that, I guess. It’s still weird.

And using DDR as a cardio source… you had to know you were gonna get made fun of for that.

The pound-of-muscle-a-day, 400-grams-of-proteing stuff just sounds like a troll post but I gotta’ defend the DDR cardio. I used DDR for cardio a couple of years ago and I think you’d be surprised at how breathless and sweaty you get after 20-30 minutes of it (at least on the medium/hard difficulty songs). For my sessions, I also held dumbbells and made it a point to use a deep stance. It did a pretty good job of burning my calves, too.

For me, running on the treadmill for 30 minutes can seem like 3 hours and just makes me want to blow my brains out but the DDR cardio was actually quite entertaining. I just wish the music selection was better. There is a non-commercial PC-based DDR ripoff that (I think) allows you to use your own tracks, by the way. Never tried it, though.

If they’d just make a rhythm-based game where you’re beating the crap out of people instead of dancing, then I bet a lot more of us wouldn’t mind using it for cardio.

[quote]brienv wrote:

The pound-of-muscle-a-day, 400-grams-of-proteing stuff just sounds like a troll post but I gotta’ defend the DDR cardio. I used DDR for cardio a couple of years ago and I think you’d be surprised at how breathless and sweaty you get after 20-30 minutes of it (at least on the medium/hard difficulty songs). For my sessions, I also held dumbbells and made it a point to use a deep stance. It did a pretty good job of burning my calves, too.

For me, running on the treadmill for 30 minutes can seem like 3 hours and just makes me want to blow my brains out but the DDR cardio was actually quite entertaining. I just wish the music selection was better. There is a non-commercial PC-based DDR ripoff that (I think) allows you to use your own tracks, by the way. Never tried it, though.

If they’d just make a rhythm-based game where you’re beating the crap out of people instead of dancing, then I bet a lot more of us wouldn’t mind using it for cardio.

[/quote]

This isn’t a troll post if you read the whole thing. I even link to articles on this site to back up some of my ideas.
But yeah DDR on heavy is a good workout. It also logs your weight and calories.

Well, the two weeks past. My partner crapped out so I worked out mostly alone.

I put on 5 lbs without my abs changing negatively. which was pretty good all things considered. I did a poor job of keeping track of my starting and ending lifts.

I neglected the cardio aspect of this because my partner who was doing this to lose weight crapped out.

The workouts where not bad, and I found them manageable within an hour. I felt well balanced in my workouts and DOMS.

The diet however was nearly impossible to keep to, there was not enough room in my stomach. I also didn’t use protein shakes, which was probably a mistake. It has something to do with my workout partner not placing an order for his V-Diet.

I can post a picture which is about 2 weeks to late. So it would be inaccurate, and theres no before picture to compare it to.

No clue if this helps anyone, hopefully it does.