Edgy: Alone With My Friends

HAHAHA!!! Awesome! (-Uncle Elmer)Think I’m going to start shopping at Ikea now.

Edgy post away, I cant be the only one “this close”. WHO the fuck cares? Each little bit closer to a decent squat is what Im talkin about!

Print floor presses FTW

Charlie YEAH, pistol squats are brutal, and girl, going to the park for sprints, is not a walk in the park…
Do you go down into the runners stance, fingers on ground or start from standing? I pulled a nasty bum muscle starting the badass way, ouch!

[quote]Up wrote:
Edgy post away, I cant be the only one “this close”. WHO the fuck cares? Each little bit closer to a decent squat is what Im talkin about!

Print floor presses FTW

Charlie YEAH, pistol squats are brutal, and girl, going to the park for sprints, is not a walk in the park…
Do you go down into the runners stance, fingers on ground or start from standing? I pulled a nasty bum muscle starting the badass way, ouch![/quote]

I used to do the runner stance start but right now with my knees it’s no good so I’m just doing build ups. I want to try out that 6X a week sprinting(tn article) I don’t think I can do it the way he has it mapped out in the article but I can take the general idea and give it a try.

I can handle doing about 12 sprints in a session and I usually only do one session a week, so I figure if I just start with 3 sprints 6 days a week that’s 18 sprints a week instead of one heavy session of 12. Then see if I can build on that.

I love sprinting so I like the idea of doing it more often, I used to them when ever I went for a jog(this was years ago in my 20s) and that was an every other day thing. So we’ll see.

Hey Hallowed maybe you could try posting a vid of your bench, maybe in the Power Lifting forum? Or if you have access to a PL gym and coaches maybe go have a session with them. It seems like with good coaches and a correction of form peoples bench numbers can go up in just a session because of form correction. I was thinking of trying this out this year when my knees are ready to squat again so I can have all lifts evaluated.

This article has helped me a bit. 8 Bad-Ass Bench Press Tips

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

CHARLIE: Nice pistol squattin’, that is some tough stuff. Sprinting in the park? I am assuming it’s warmer in your province than in mine… :confused:

[/quote]

Thanks Spock, yeah it about 7C here and that’s normal, -10C is considered cold for the Frazer Valley. But it does rain a lot in the winter so usually you have to do everything in the rain so I only opt out if the rain prevents me from seeing where I’m going. lol

Hmmm maybe get some goggles for running? Brilliant! 0_0

For Edgy: Exercise suggestion if you want. :slight_smile: Step Down for Stronger, Healthier Knees | Dr. Chad Waterbury | Transforming Through PerformanceDr. Chad Waterbury | Transforming Through Performance , it has been helping me out a bit, also it can be done at home.

I got the article out of PunnyGuy’s log btw.

I also plan on trying this out when I’m ready. http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_bottomup_squat

Ok here is my contribution, Patches inspired of course. I was trying to actually find some posts about your actual training…

So you’ve been lifting since you were 13? I vaguely remember that age.

Hi guys. All I did yesterday was go to the park and sprint. Did a big warm up this time so I could make the most of the 3 sprints I’m allowing myself per session.

Warm up is:
Walk around track, jog track, find spot on grass to sprint, stretches, skips, butt kicks, high steps, then sprints, then stretches, then cool down laps of track. So basically about 15mins warm up + 5 mins of cool down for about 30seconds of sprinting. lol

That’s it.

Anyone else do anything fitnessy yesterday? Today?

Bench this evening for me.

It’s friday lets dance!

Friday is DANCE DAY!!!

(proceeds to do the ‘cabbage patch’)

[quote]Up wrote:
[/quote]

Trust me, Bonita - watching you do anything in them shortie-shorts in your basement beats the hell out of me squeaking by with a sick set of girly-man squats.

but I’ll post the next set of squats fer you and our Inkstain.

cuz I luvz you bofe lotz~

Yeah take it out and you bring it back in. Oh yeah! Doing the Cabbage Patch!

so, do I head to the gym for chest training?

or have a few drinks and say ‘fuckit’?

I’ll let ya’ll know tomorrow~

same bat time, same bat channel~

[quote]Edgy wrote:
so, do I head to the gym for chest training?

or have a few drinks and say ‘fuckit’?

I’ll let ya’ll know tomorrow~

same bat time, same bat channel~[/quote]

Go to the gym and give yourself 30 minutes to get in as much training as you can. Then leave. Then drink.

^ditto that is exactly what I did. Though I trained at 5a this morning.

Git, I did the rolling floor ext this morning. I think I like the floor part but didn’t get the feel for the rolling part. So I stuck w/conventional. Thanks for the heads up on that.

[quote]print wrote:
^ditto that is exactly what I did. Though I trained at 5a this morning. [/quote]

(how can you drink at 5am?)

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
^ditto that is exactly what I did. Though I trained at 5a this morning. [/quote]

(how can you drink at 5am?)[/quote]

Put it in your cheerios?

^tell’em Charlie. Dumbfucks.

[quote]print wrote:
^tell’em Charlie. Dumbfucks. [/quote]

^Awwww shit!!!

you know me all to well Charlie. But I think as you very well know the drink of choice is vodka.

[quote]Edgy wrote:

I had one of those all-day-headache-that-tylenol-doesn’t-touch, and almost bailed on training - but toughed it out.

[/quote]

I hate those. I had one today. Glad I didn’t have to work.

Seemed like an okay workout though! :slight_smile:

[quote]print wrote:
^Awwww shit!!!

you know me all to well Charlie. But I think as you very well know the drink of choice is vodka. [/quote]

0_0

Whaaaaa?

I thought all dogs drank beer?

I guess you’re just a more sophisticated dog.