Doing Dumb Stuff as a College Kid

That’s how I would want to do it but my school classes are Tuesday and Thursday so training would be hard to fit in on those days. If I need to I’ll sled drag to recover. Will definitely change if it becomes a problem though

Thanks!

I get it. I mean keep your training days the same, just shift those two days are the ME ones.

It’s not going to be a breaker either way though. Looks good!

1 Like

Ah. I get it now. Thanks!

1 Like

Unity- ME Lower

Lying Leg curl: 90x3x10
3 rep SSB: barx3, 115x3, 155x3. 205x3, 245x3, 275x3(PR)
Backdown: 195x2x5
Hack squat: 135x8, 135x8, rest 20, 135x6, rest 20 sec, 135x6
BBS of death: 45x8, 8 sec iso, 35x8, 8 sec iso, 25x8, 8 sec iso, BWx8, 8 sec iso
SLDL: 145x4x15
Hacksquat: calf raise: 45x4x25
Tib Raise: 4x25
GHD Sit up: 3x10

Notes:

• Yes this took a while but it was fun and doable
  • I really enjoyed the hack squat
  • old 1rm is now a 3rm on SSB. That’s always great
  • I got a message from World Strength Games on insta about a comp. Should be interesting
  • Back today. I changed it up where I can hit it at home. No big deal
6 Likes

Unity- Back

Bent over row: 165x3x8
One armed barbell row: 75x3x10, 55x13
Pullups: BWx10, Orange bandx2x10
Rear delt flys: 10x3x30
High Incline DB Hammer curl: 25x3x10+5partials
Spider curl: 40x3x8

Notes:

• Nice little pull day
  • The super strict pullups with the bands are interesting
6 Likes

Just catching up after my break, good to see lots of hard work in here and some nice progress on the stones. The other boys already gave some good advice and you will get much more from an Allan or Brian video than you will from me. I think like any new implement it is just a case of practicing and finding your own style.

2 Likes

Look at who is getting famous. :stuck_out_tongue:
Good position to be in, if people want you in their comps!

1 Like

@simo74 Yep! I think I understand stones better now that I got to a heavier and bigger one. It was just so different picking up the small ones
@Koestrizer Thanks! It’s a small stepping stone. They are a really weird promoter. Can’t find any records of events online or anything but I know a guy who trains at my gym that won at u90kg with a 235lb log (not knocking him or the comp. He had a 315lb farmers carry too).

2 Likes

ME Upper

Slight Decline Bench: 70x8, 70x8-50x8
High Incline: Barx3, 135x3, 155x3, 185x3
Back down: 155x2x2 (Super slow and paused)
Slight Incline DB Bench: 65x8, 65x8-45x7
Dips: BWx10,8,8 (thats a pr because I’ve been working back to BW dips with shoulder pain)
Partial Lateral Raise: 25x3x20 (I really like these)
Rear delt fly: 70x3x15
1 arm cross body extension: 50x4x12
Strict rolling DB extensions: 25x3x8

Notes:

• I couldn’t get the tate press to feel right so I replicated the cross body movement with a cable machine
  • I actually misgrooved the first rep of 185 but the last 2 were fine
  • started 3 summer classes today. Perfect time to lift and study
  • @TrainForPain do you think it’s a problem if I’m only taking the rest I need? I’m taking like 1:30 between sets (especially on the single joint stuff). Right now resting longer just seems stupid because I don’t need it. My conditioning is pretty decent right now but I would also imagine this will adjust once the program gets heavier (this took like 1hr 15 total)

Easy 275x3 from Saturday

185x3 Incline

4 Likes

Not at all. These sessions would take like 3 hours if you took the recommended time on everything. I think I take about 2 minutes on the heavier lower body stuff and 75-90 seconds on the upper body.

How are you liking it?

1 Like

Where do you lift by the way? That place looks familiar

1 Like

This is like exactly what I’m doing

I really enjoy it so far. I’m learning a bunch of stuff to include in my normal programming. I really like the slight incline/decline benching and really enjoy the drop sets. The ME lower day ran long but it was also figuring stuff out and hanging out for the typical strongman saturday

2 Likes

Not where I was thinking. Looks awesome though. Glad the first week is going well for you!

1 Like

DE Legs

Lying Leg curl: 100x8, 80x8, 80x10partials
DE Box squat (straight weight): 155x10x2 (30 sec rest)
Leg Press: 3plps/25 on top- 2x10
Barbell back extension: 95x3x8
Decline Leg raise: 3x10
Seated calf raise: 100lb dbx3x8
Tib raises: 3x25

Notes:

• I fucked up the calf raises. Today was supposed to be standing. Will fix next week
  • I had the SSB backward. No big deal for speed work but it was crush to realize it
  • I got a compliment today. Me and this guy was talking he said “I see you in here moving good weight for your size in a short amount of time”. I replied with "well it’s not much compared to the people I’ll compete against (it’s one guy). He said “Well that’s only a fair comparison if you were 2 inches shorter, had amazing genetics, and did tren”.
  • Lastly I’m pumped for the Kroc podcast on elitefts
8 Likes

DE Upper

De Press: 95x6x3
Slight Incline DB Bench: 75x2x8, 50x7
Seated OHP: 135x8, 160x2, 150x3 + 2 assist reps
DB Y-Raise: 12x2x12, 15x2x12
Spider Crawls: Orange band: 3 trips
Dual Rope push down: 80x2x12, 2x10
DB Tricep Kickouts: 25x3x8 (strict and slow asf)

Notes:

• Overshoot the Seated OHP because it was feeling good. Oh well it happens
  • 75s were perfect for Slight DB incline
  • Decided to do spider walks and y raises
  • Had a slight scheduling issue because of classes starting this week. I had way too much stuff to get done this weekend but my lab ended earlier yesterday and other lab was easier than I thought. I had to tell my gf I didn’t have time to do her birthday this weekend but now I have time. It feels really shitty because she changed up her plans. Will try to not let happen again but it was the first week of class so everything was hectic
  • Also @T3hPwnisher I know you aren’t on instagram but I followed Jon Anderson and he messaged me! We are talking about strongman stuff but it’s really cool to see guys like that interacting with the people that follow them
6 Likes

Hell yeah man: that’s awesome! Jon is such a legit dude that way. So glad you had a positive interaction there.

1 Like