Best % of Milk for Bulking

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
I’ll put my vote in for 2% just because no one has said that yet. Really it doesn’t matter. What you ingest needs to fit not only your caloric goals, but your macro goals as well. Ingesting 2000 liquid calories a day is pointless when you can eat actual food to get those calories.

Pointless? I’ll have to disagree, milk’s awesome. Not to mention it’s a godsend to have such a cheap, calorie packed food source for a former skinny man like myself.

A gallon a day keeps the small away. [/quote]

Ok so maybe for that very small percentage of people who are actual “hardgainers” a gallon a milk a day is worthwhile in addition to food. For most people though it isn’t as beneficial as trying to get your calories form whole food first. Some could argue milk qualifies as whole food too though…

Whole or Skim? Why would you drink whole? That’s got enough fat for growing baby cows. It’s too much fat for you. Just drink more skim. You’ll get plenty of calories from the sugar in milk. Get your fat somewhere else. You will. DOn’t worry.

What is unique about milk that it’s such a popular bulking tool? “Squats and Milk” is practically the mantra of these forums, but I’m not sure I understand why Milk is such a cornerstone. Is it not the case that everything available in milk can be found elsewhere, more easily digestible?

Is it a cost issue? Or is it just an easy shorthand for “Drink this now, read up, you’ll figure it out in time.” ?

[quote]BlindSide6 wrote:
What is unique about milk that it’s such a popular bulking tool? “Squats and Milk” is practically the mantra of these forums, but I’m not sure I understand why Milk is such a cornerstone. Is it not the case that everything available in milk can be found elsewhere, more easily digestible?

Is it a cost issue? Or is it just an easy shorthand for “Drink this now, read up, you’ll figure it out in time.” ?[/quote]

Sometimes it gets hard to chew food when consuming massive calories, adding a 16-20 ounce glass of milk to a couple meals a day is a very easy way to get extra calories in.

1 gallon? wow! thats at least 150 grams of sugar from milk alone, your ok with that?