Any Yu-Gi-Oh Players Here?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
sawadeekrob wrote:
I hate japanese manga

I thought yu-gay-oh was a card game? Either way, there are a select few manags I enjoy reading when I want something easy to read. Berserk is amazing. I also like Ghost in the Shell, which has some pretty advanced underlying themes that must be totally lost on most of the feeble minded emo kids that read it. I’ll admit that the average anime/manga fan is not humanity’s finest creation, but there is some good stuff out there, especially if you are a comic fan.
[/quote]

Yu-Gi-Oh was originally a manga. It was actually originally about a dead Egyptian king who possesses a teenage boy. They both are gaming experts and for the first few storylines the boy’s alter ego makes up games in which the losers die or lose their souls to beat bad guys. The creator made up a few board games just for the storylines, then for one storyline he made up a card game called “Duel Monsters”. The comic readers begged the creator to license the cards so they can play the game for real. First Bandai did it, then Konami has been doing it and the rest is history. The anime came after the card game was first introduced, but I could be wrong.

I’m not a big fan of poker or any similar game in which all the decks have the same boring 52 cards. I think it’s cooler when you have unique cards.

I love Japanese manga as well. Hunter x Hunter is my favorite.

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:
I see so many posts mainly about video games, RPGs, anime, and other geek stuff. One of my favorite pastimes is playing the card game Yu-Gi-Oh. I can’t help but wonder if anybody else here plays it? It would be cool if my favorite site happens to have fellow duelists as well. Sorry if I sound like a grade schooler, hah.[/quote]

I do, i mean I did. In fourth grade.

Good post. I don’t like card games myself, but the fact that you got the balls to post this shows you’re man enough to say what you like and not worry about what others say. In other words, a true T-man.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Good post. I don’t like card games myself, but the fact that you got the balls to post this shows you’re man enough to say what you like and not worry about what others say. In other words, a true T-man.[/quote]

Thanks. :slight_smile: I felt inspired after reading another thread about Final Fantasy IV. “Hey, why can’t I do that here, too?”

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:

Thanks. :slight_smile: I felt inspired after reading another thread about Final Fantasy IV. “Hey, why can’t I do that here, too?”[/quote]

Well…good job…hopefully someone won’t post something about liking to wear ladies underwear that will inspire you to man up to wondering, “Hey, why can’t I do that here, too?”

hah never played this game but i was a big fan of magic back in highschool along with basically every other nerdy game u could probably think of…

something we used to do in magic that prevented u from having to buy cards all the time was get all the ppl together who played and “draft” u basically put all ur cards together and take turns picking cards from the pool until all of u have complete decks (u can also use subsets of the cards)

this way u get different decks each time and there is alot of strategy just in the pre-game creation

Have you all seen the Star Wars movies yet, OMG they are super cool!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
sawadeekrob wrote:
I hate japanese manga

I thought yu-gay-oh was a card game? Either way, there are a select few manags I enjoy reading when I want something easy to read. Berserk is amazing. I also like Ghost in the Shell, which has some pretty advanced underlying themes that must be totally lost on most of the feeble minded emo kids that read it. I’ll admit that the average anime/manga fan is not humanity’s finest creation, but there is some good stuff out there, especially if you are a comic fan.
[/quote]

BATTLE ROYALE FTW!

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
hah never played this game but i was a big fan of magic back in highschool along with basically every other nerdy game u could probably think of…

something we used to do in magic that prevented u from having to buy cards all the time was get all the ppl together who played and “draft” u basically put all ur cards together and take turns picking cards from the pool until all of u have complete decks (u can also use subsets of the cards)

this way u get different decks each time and there is alot of strategy just in the pre-game creation[/quote]

hell yeah drafting for money was the shit this was what I did the most really

um…

Have you ever tried getting laid?

By a woman?

I still got all my cards but I stopped playing back in the 8th grade. I got the egyptian god cards from the internet. I also managed to collect 2 sets of exodia and the whole set of the old legend of blue eyes white dragon collection. I mean every single card.

I think I learned that at one point, never owned any cards or anything though. Seemed fun.

I still play magic, though.

I have so many cards now but don’t want them any more I’m thinking I should sell them to those geeks that be a books a million all the time. Its sure to sell easily as I use to go there and play. I also got the rarest cards from the oldest pack and I’m sure their running short on those so maybe I should go and sell them.

I’ll buy a tub of Surge for the first guy who actively plays these card games and can post a picture of his girlfriend that pulls anything higher than a 7/10 rating.

[quote]superthrustjon wrote:
I’ll buy a tub of Surge for the first guy who actively plays these card games and can post a picture of his girlfriend that pulls anything higher than a 7/10 rating.[/quote]

No thanks. My girlfriend gets enough looks from guys who do a bad job of faking it whenever we go out. If you need your “fix” that badly, find a worship thread in Sex and the Male Animal.

Sed26, most of the rarest holographic cards from the first set won’t get you more than $20 off eBay each. But if that sounds like good money to you, go for it.

I got an Exodia set by trading for it in a tournament. I beat my opponent, who was using that type of deck, so badly that he gave up on that deck on the spot and gave me 8 of his cards for only 3 of mine. Good days, back when Exodia was a viable deck type and I was under 25 years old…

pi-ka-chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
pi-ka-chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu[/quote]

Damn Straight. I mean, haha i never got into this. i played Pokemon back in 4th grade. and magic in 3rd.

Yah i understand you are supposed to play magic in secondary, where your strategic mind has developed. But, i guess it developed enough when I used to play RPGs, and CS, and uh starcraft, age of empires… those strategy games on the Good-old- PS1 and PC. God, i remember rushing home and turning on the PC, and playing Lemmings when i was like 5 yrs old. Good times.

This maybe the funniest thread in a while.

[quote]tayjeremy wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
pi-ka-chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Damn Straight. I mean, haha i never got into this. i played Pokemon back in 4th grade. and magic in 3rd.

Yah i understand you are supposed to play magic in secondary, where your strategic mind has developed. But, i guess it developed enough when I used to play RPGs, and CS, and uh starcraft, age of empires… those strategy games on the Good-old- PS1 and PC. God, i remember rushing home and turning on the PC, and playing Lemmings when i was like 5 yrs old. Good times. [/quote]

haha, when i was seven i used to have an entire shoebox filled with pokemons, grew outta that by 9, then it turned into computer games, diablo II, command and conquer, then i learned of Arnold Schwarzenegger and working out. Thank God for that one. I still play on the 360 respectively.

Why is the most powerful yugioh card “Blue Eyes WHITE dragon”

but the “Red eyes BLACK dragon” is inheritely weaker?