Milk: Good or Bad?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Links to “milk lowers test”. I havent seen that so I’m curious.
[/quote]

Maruyama, K. Oshima, T. Ohyama, K. Exposure to exogenous estrogen through intake of commercial milk produced from pregnant cows. Pediatr Int. 2010 Feb; 52(1): 33-38.
(Exposure to exogenous estrogen through intake of commercial milk produced from pregnant cows - PubMed)

its not the actual milk that lowers testosterone, its the hormones that the douchebag factory farm assholes pump into their cows to keep them lactating. plus commercial dairy lacks CLA and has an unfavorable ratio of omega-6’s to omega-3’s, and the pasteurization process destroys enzymes, denatures the anti-microbial properties and immune stimulating components, and kills the beneficial bacteria.

so overall, id say commercial dairy is bad, but organic, unpasteurized dairy from grass-fed cows is one of the best foods on earth.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I don’t drink milk for the sole reason that no other animal drinks milk when they reach adulthood, especially from another species.[/quote]

I’m with you on this one.

[quote]toocul4u wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I don’t drink milk for the sole reason that no other animal drinks milk when they reach adulthood, especially from another species.[/quote]

I’m with you on this one.[/quote]

No other species lifts weights and drinks whey shakes either, is that bad?

I’m really not defending (or attacking) milk consumption, I haven’t studied enough into it to come up with any conclusion other than “See if it works for you”; yet I can’t really agree with logic like this.

Maybe the reason other animals don’t drink milk into adulthood is because they would get attacked by the female? Or possibly that they are now big enough to kill their own food, so they just don’t care anymore?

[quote]toocul4u wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

no other animals wear clothes or use electricity either. so are you suggesting we all walk around naked because thats what other animals do? some animals literally eat shit. basing your diet off of what other animals do is not wise thinking

[quote]toocul4u wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

morons say this.

you are also the only animal that cooks your food and makes bread and drives cars. So when you start eating raw hamburger that you got from a cow you killed in the wild you should stop drinking milk.

I always heard milk RAISED testosterone, due to unsaturated fat.
GOMAD-Gallon of milk a day deffinately works.

I’m also with PB Andy on animals not drinking milk when they reach adulthood. Maybe we shouldn’t either. But as long as it does not hurt us, but aid us… Why not?

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

[quote]toocul4u wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I’m really not defending (or attacking) milk consumption, I haven’t studied enough into it to come up with any conclusion other than “See if it works for you”; yet I can’t really agree with logic like this.

Maybe the reason other animals don’t drink milk into adulthood is because they would get attacked by the female? Or possibly that they are now big enough to kill their own food, so they just don’t care anymore?
[/quote]
Their bodies can’t handle milk when they reach adulthood.

[quote]silkyhorse wrote:

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

[quote]toocul4u wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]
Their bodies can’t handle milk when they reach adulthood.[/quote]

That’s news to me, do you know why?

I realize that the enzyme Rennin is produced in calves for milk consumption and that it is not produced in full grown cows; but humans can produce lactase.

Do all other organisms follow this Rennin pattern, and lactase is a human-specific enzyme? (Hell, even the existence of lactase in adults has to suggest something about dairy consumption)

[quote]oinky222 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Links to “milk lowers test”. I havent seen that so I’m curious.
[/quote]

Maruyama, K. Oshima, T. Ohyama, K. Exposure to exogenous estrogen through intake of commercial milk produced from pregnant cows. Pediatr Int. 2010 Feb; 52(1): 33-38.
(Exposure to exogenous estrogen through intake of commercial milk produced from pregnant cows - PubMed)

its not the actual milk that lowers testosterone, its the hormones that the douchebag factory farm assholes pump into their cows to keep them lactating. plus commercial dairy lacks CLA and has an unfavorable ratio of omega-6’s to omega-3’s, and the pasteurization process destroys enzymes, denatures the anti-microbial properties and immune stimulating components, and kills the beneficial bacteria.

so overall, id say commercial dairy is bad, but organic, unpasteurized dairy from grass-fed cows is one of the best foods on earth.[/quote]

i agree totally. watch food inc. and you will never drink milk (or eat the meat) from these agribusiness food lots. mc donalds etc. are the ruin of mankind.

i don’t understand the science that is against the pasteurization of milk but grass-fed is the only way to go. and now that i’ve tried the raw milk from a farm i trust out here on the west coast, i could never go back to regular milk.

[quote]Spriont wrote:
For a person who is not lactose intolerant, is milk good for bulking or does it just fatten people?[/quote]

There is no single food that’s great for bulking.

Your question is like asking, “Are oranges good for bulking?”

Come to think of it, all questions like this have no rhyme or reason. I mean bodybuilders eat steak, chicken, fish, veggies, rice, potatoes, eggs, and oils while bulking. But they also eat these things when they’re cutting.

So how does one answer this?

A WHOLE DIET is good for gaining. A WHOLE diet is good for cutting.

Questions like these indicate the poster doesn’t know about nutrition as a WHOLE!

And what if we say it’s good? Are you going to have a glass a day, or start guzzling several glasses or containers a day?

Actually milk is not bad at all, but if you drink a shitload everyday, you’ll most likely look like shit sooner or later, as do most people who take this route.

[quote]Kanada wrote:
i like milk, and it certainly helped me gain a few lbs. still, ive read reports from those healthy living people saying milk has a strong link to acne. obviously theyre biased, but so are we. my conclusion? its a really easy way to gulp a significant portion of your daily calories.

Nards, would you drink less milk perhaps?[/quote]

So you’re saying milk has some uniquely beneficial properties that other foods don’t. Like whatr if you just created a caloric surplus by eating more steaks, fish, chicken, fruits, oatmeal, etc? Are these the “TICKETS” also?

So many people think there’s a fucking “ticket” in something, similar to how Shugart states that one of the tickets to top shelf pussy is getting hawt abz - that if you simply get ripped, women will be eating out of the palm of your hand.

Other tickets:

Milk being the ticket for gaining mass.
Not eating X food is the ticket to getting cut.
Money being the ticket to getting laid.
Hawt abz being the ticket to getting laid.
Important job being the ticket to social status.
A woman being the ticket to ending all of your woes, worries, and insecurities.

There is NO fucking ticket!

Cutting is a result of a WHOLE DIET made up of SEVERAL foods!

Gaining is a result of a WHOLE DIET made of up SEVERAL foods!

Getting a partner or laid is a result of being an INTEGRATED human being, abz or no abz!

Drink the milk pussy! It’s good for you.

haha I love this site.

Yeah, animals don’t drive cars, don’t have electricity, BLAH BLAH BLAH. This is all stuff humans are manufacturing, but it has nothing to do with how nutrition affects us. We are no different than any other animal, besides the whole conscience thing.

On the raw meat consumption argument:

1. Animals have been eating raw meat since infancy, so because of this and evolution, they have developed a strong enough immune system against certain bacteria.
  2. Animals eat raw meat as soon as they catch their prey, so there is a less of a bacteria build-up… and animals DO get sick from eat meat sometimes.
  3. Many animals have sharper teeth than us which makes it easier for them to cut through meat. Humans were probably inclined to cook it to make it easier to eat because of our own teeth.
  4. Humans DO eat raw meat: steak tartare, cured meats, sushi, etc.

I think you should give it a try man if you can handle milk that is. I use to drink a gallon a day whole milk worked great for me while i was bulking still love to drink milk always have if you like it stay with it if not then you know its not for you.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

LOL. I just projectiled my breakfast all over the screen.

No other animal drives a car after adulthood either. Except for those little circus monkeys.

And sometimes parakeets.

What came first, the milk or the egg?

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I will not consume milk because I deluded myself to think that milk is bad for us, because other animals don’t drink milk of others species, and I am convinced we shouldn’t either. I base this decision on my perfect logic argument below:

Other animals don’t = we shouldn’t.
Humans = exact same as other animals. Amazing.

Yeah, animals don’t drive cars, don’t have electricity, BLAH BLAH BLAH. This is all stuff humans are manufacturing, but it has nothing to do with how nutrition affects us. We are no different than any other animal, besides the whole conscience thing.

[/quote]
You, sir, are an idiot. Whether a particular human body will benefit from milk in some way has nothing to do with any other random fact or coincidence. You watched some horrible documentary and now think you have all the answers because you heard a couple of nifty one-liners with no scientific basis.

Humans can consume milk and there are pros and cons, like any other food. There’s nothing special about your observation. Milk is composed of atoms of elements that that bind to form chemicals, and when they enter our body, it can use them. Our body will not simply flip some switch and self-destruct because it somehow knows what other animals are doing and we therefore we shouldn’t do it either. I can’t imagine why you would tell other people that you made such a poorly thought out decision.

Also, humans ARE different from the rest of the animals. All species are unique.

Also, animals having a conscience is well documented. So we’re similar to animals in this way.

Congratulations, you were the exact opposite of correct.

[quote]facepalm1020 wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I will not consume milk because I deluded myself to think that milk is bad for us, because other animals don’t drink milk of others species, and I am convinced we shouldn’t either. I base this decision on my perfect logic argument below:

Other animals don’t = we shouldn’t.
Humans = exact same as other animals. Amazing.

[/quote]
You, sir, are an idiot. Whether a particular human body will benefit from milk in some way has nothing to do with any other random fact or coincidence. You watched some horrible documentary and now think you have all the answers because you heard a couple of nifty one-liners with no scientific basis.

Humans can consume milk and there are pros and cons, like any other food. There’s nothing special about your observation. Milk is composed of atoms of elements that that bind to form chemicals, and when they enter our body, it can use them. Our body will not simply flip some switch and self-destruct because it somehow knows what other animals are doing and we therefore we shouldn’t do it either. I can’t imagine why you would tell other people that you made such a poorly thought out decision.

Also, humans ARE different from the rest of the animals. All species are unique.

Also, animals having a conscience is well documented. So we’re similar to animals in this way.

Congratulations, you were the exact opposite of correct.[/quote]

On a related note, I love how because of PB Andy’s sentiment about milk that people are coming out of the woodwork to insult him. (Clarification, sarcasm there, the multiple insulting posts is kind of pathetic actually)

Protip, critiquing somebody’s logical deduction (what I did) is different from attacking them as a person (you). Stop acting all high and mighty, act as an equal and question his position rather than lecture him.