Dorian Yates Acquiring MEDX

what is everyones opinion on Dorian Yates acquiring MEDX…i don’t know any details of the acquisition, sole owner, CEO, part of the board…but i am curious as to what his goals are in the future

All I know is that now I’ll probably have an even harder time finding used Medx equipment if DY is associated with it!

According to the new website medx.fitness and an interview on high intensity business he wants it to be an exercise technology company with franchised medx gyms providing nutrition and blood tests for stuff like hormone levels for personalised training.
The website says he’s “chief fitness officer”, in the interview he seems to be saying he’s bought the company but there’s further financing to be done. Medx Fit Tech Inc. has same address in Ocala as “old” medx did

I listened to a little bit of that HIB podcast, but wasn’t able to finish it. From what little I listened to, it wasn’t clear to me if he was buying out the equipment manufacturing company, or just planning to use (enhanced) MedX machines in his franchised fitness centers. It would seem pretty ambitious to run an equipment manufacturer, AND a chain of franchised fitness centers.

Addendum:

Thinking about it more, he may be trying to use a business model similar what Kieser Fitness did in parts of Europe and Australia. They use MedX designed machines in all their studios (~145 of them). But the machines are made in Germany, by a company called DelpheX, using designs licensed from MedX. I believe Kieser operates some of their own studios, and also have franchises available in some areas.

This is the website About Us - MedX.fit

He is recommending 2 full body workouts twice a week. I heard him say up to ten exercises to start.

Or two full body workouts with a little more time between them. He thinks once every 7-9 days may be too long to wait.

Rep speed 2 second positive with a slower negative. But he wants to make machines that provide a heavier negative.

I don’t think he knows about X-force. Or if he does he want to do that with Medx?

Start the workout on a bike. 1minute normal pace then 20 seconds hard. Do that a few times. It’s your warmup.

The interview I saw was from Jay Vincent. It’s called Dorian Yates and Jay Vincent talk HIT training. I tried to post the link be it will not work.

You can find it if you search the title. It’s a really good interview.

He was talking about about doing some warmup sets. Sort of how Mentzer recommended.

So it’s not to clear but I don’t know how he feels about the rush factor.

But he did say it’s about a 30 minute workout. But it could be longer. Not much though.

Also says you should eat plenty of carbs

That was an interesting conversation. I hope that Dorian succeeds in collecting a lot of data, and then makes it public. I’d be particularly interested in seeing how VO2max improves on a low volume of strength training, and how many of them hit a strength plateau after 3, or 6, or 12 months of training.

It was somewhat interesting to hear Dorian deviate a bit from the Super Slow dogma and not get called on it.

Just the other day I watched a video clip where Drew Baye, who is a Super Slow master, and who also has some sort of Yates/HIT certification, confidently states that a “properly executed rep” is done at a 10/10 speed. But in this video, Yates tells us that he has his clients use a 2/4 cadence. Interesting divergence.

Inquiring minds want to know: Did Drew miss that part of Yates certification course? Or is he saying that Yates is wrong and “uninformed”, or that Yates is having his clients use a dangerously fast speed of movement?

Never knew there was such a thing as a Yates certification course.

Google it, or go to “DY-HIT dot COM”

Interesting.

From what I heard, several months ago the MedX/Dorian deal fell apart. They are no longer involved.

The video is over a year old. Maybe some things have changed.