Do These Herbs Cause Organ Damage?

Hi! everyone, I’m new, and I hope this is the right place to post.

After lots of online research, the only thing for me to do is gather your anecdotes or your experiences from you guys about if any of these three side effects happened to you guys/other people or not.

I plan to take any of these for two months and then cycle them off.

That way, I can gauge the safety before I order any of these supplements. Thanks!

Have any of you guys got liver damage, pancreatic damage, or kidney damage from taking any of these supplements or have you heard of anybody who did?:

1. Lemon Balm (Melissa Officinalis. Compound Rosmarinic Acid)

2. Rhodiola Rosea (Rosenroot. Compounds Salidroside & Rosavins)

3. Schisandra Chinensis (Compound Schisandrin B)

4. Eleuthero (Siberian Eleutherococcus Senticosus. Compound Eleutherosides)

5. Astragalus (Milk Vetch. Compound Astragalus Polysaccharide (APS))

6. Passionflower (Passiflora. Compounds Chrysin & Vitexin)

7. Lavender (Brand Name: CalmAid (Silexan). Lavandula. Compound Linalool)

8. Magnolia Bark (Brand Name: Relora. Magnolia Officinalis. Compounds Honokiol & Magnolol)

9. Cistanche (Tubulosa. Compound phenylethanoid glycoside (PhG))

10. Black Seed Oil (Nigella Sativa, Compound Thymoquinone (TQ))

11. Holy Basil (Ocimum Tenuiflorum. Compound Eugenol)

12. Blue Vervain (Verbena Hastata. Compound Verbenalin)

13. California Poppy (Eschscholzia Californica. Compounds Californidine, Eschscholtzine & Sanguinarine)

14. Mulungu (Erythrina mulungu. Compounds Hydroxyerythravine & Erythravine) [/B]

Is there any particular concern, like interactions with medication or other previous organ damage?

1 Like

All herbal supplements have the potential to cause organ damage. They are not regulated by the FDA as is the case with all supplements, so there is no guarantee as to what’s actually in them. Additionally, just because they don’t hurt one person, doesn’t mean they won’t be harmful to another. There have been studies done on many of them, but my first question to you would be is what’s your why here? Why do do feel you need these? What are you trying to accomplish? Often in the the case of supplements, less is more.

1 Like

Hi there!

Welcome to the community! It’s great that you’re doing your research before diving into any new supplements. Safety should always come first, right?

When it comes to black seed oil, also known as Nigella Sativa, it’s important to note that one of its key compounds is Thymoquinone (TQ). Now, let’s address your concerns about potential side effects like liver, pancreatic, or kidney damage.

Black seed oil has been used for centuries in traditional medicine and is known for its potential health benefits. However, it’s always a good idea to understand any potential risks.

Fortunately, there’s good news! Black seed oil is generally considered safe for most people when used in appropriate doses. In fact, Tasnim, the brand you’re interested in, emphasizes the purity and quality of their Ethiopian black seed oil.

Their black seed oil is derived from the seeds of the Nigella Sativa plant, and Tasnim claims to offer the highest Thymoquinone content in the world. Plus, their oil is cold-pressed to preserve its natural goodness.

Now, about those concerns you mentioned:

1. Liver Damage: There’s no significant evidence to suggest that black seed oil causes liver damage when used responsibly. However, if you have existing liver conditions, it’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement regimen.
  2. Pancreatic Damage: Similarly, there’s no widespread evidence linking black seed oil to pancreatic damage. Again, consulting with a healthcare provider can offer personalized guidance based on your medical history.
  3. Kidney Damage: Black seed oil is typically well-tolerated by the kidneys when used appropriately. However, if you have kidney issues or are at risk of kidney stones, it’s wise to seek professional advice before beginning any new supplementation.