Dani's Rebel Log

Leggie Day!

Leg Press: 125 unbroken reps

You guys are not going to believe what happened today. It proves how much power the mind has over the body.

So I was working through the 100 reps while listening to In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins. And as usual, reps 60 to 100 felt like pure torture. I wanted to stop every time the sled made it to the top.

But the moment I hit 100 was the exact time the drum solo hit: Ba bum, buh bum, bum bum, bum. bum. buum.

And the most bizarre thing happened. The fatigue didn’t matter anymore. My quads were on fire, but it would’ve been criminal to stop. The emotions took over. And I repped out 25 more reps, but they were different: fiery, passionate, almost-angry reps. It was epic.

More Leg Press: 5x5
Set 1: 90
Set 2: 140
Set 3: 160
Set 4: 160
Set 5: 160

Had to pee at set 4, but didn’t want to abandon my machine. I also set my timer for every minute on the 3 minutes. This gave me about 2 minutes and 45 seconds to rest between sets. I needed the extra time today.

It appears as though I may be progressively overloading this exercise and the hammer strength chest press on upper body day. Maybe I’m not so rebellious after all.

Swiss Ball Ham Curl: 3x12

Got a text from the contractor saying he would be over in 45 minutes, so I had to put a rush on the rest of the workout because there was stuff I had to do before he came over.

Abductor Machine: 1 long drop set

Questions for anyone dropping by:

1. Has there ever been a time when your emotions made you out-perform your expectations or workout plans?

2. And how do you feel about improvisation during a workout? I know a lot of trainers look down on that – probably for good reason – but what’s your personal philosophy on it?

7 Likes