Could You Be a Stay at Home Daddy?

Not this guy, fellas…
2 main reasons:

1-) I am too proud.
2-) When the woman brings the $$ and man brings $0.00 she basically has absolutely no reason to respect ur lazy a**. Hell, if wants someone to take care of the kids she hires a nanny (or 2). If she doesn’t want to see u anymore, she dumps u and will always keep the kids. If she wants c***k she finds herself a new, younger, better looking, Cuban stud…like me :wink:

[quote]NeoSpartan wrote:
When the woman brings the $$ and man brings $0.00 she basically has absolutely no reason to respect ur lazy a**. Hell, if wants someone to take care of the kids she hires a nanny (or 2). If she doesn’t want to see u anymore, she dumps u and will always keep the kids. If she wants c***k she finds herself a new, younger, better looking, Cuban stud…like me :wink:
[/quote]

You guys have very optimistic views of the female gender.

[quote]KO421 wrote:
yes with a big gym in the basement full of EliteFTS equipment.[/quote]

And an xbox360 with gears of war on a 72 inch HDTV

Eunuchs are NOT cool.

I have been doing it for 6 months now i have a 12 year old boy and it is not bad at all. You grow alot closer plus when they are that age they want to start lifting so who better to learn from but dad

Sounds like a great way to head down the estrogen super highway. On the positive side I’m sure all the wives would think you’re the best thing next to all out lesbianism.

[quote]on edge wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Unless you have been gelded, you would not enjoy it.

Funny, my friend was a lawyer before Mr. Mom.[/quote]

Lots of gelded people (and for that matter, stupid people) in the legal profession.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Women suck=end of discussion!
[/quote]

While much of what you wrote is true, with your attitude, you will very likely end up in prison. Ending up in prison over a woman is beyond idiotic.

[quote]stumpy wrote:
Sounds like a great way to head down the estrogen super highway. [/quote]

Agreed. I’ve never done that, but a friend of mine was a “kept man.” He did it on purpose, as he thought he would enjoy it. (He makes major change now.)

It was the most demoralizing thing he has ever done.

Do you really want to ask your wife/girlfriend for money? Do you really want to depend on someone else for your support?

I don’t like being controlled. If you ain’t making bank, you are basically a pet. Wives treat their “Mr. Moms” like pets, too.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
stumpy wrote:
Sounds like a great way to head down the estrogen super highway.

Agreed. I’ve never done that, but a friend of mine was a “kept man.” He did it on purpose, as he thought he would enjoy it. (He makes major change now.)

It was the most demoralizing thing he has ever done.

Do you really want to ask your wife/girlfriend for money? Do you really want to depend on someone else for your support?

I don’t like being controlled. If you ain’t making bank, you are basically a pet. Wives treat their “Mr. Moms” like pets, too.
[/quote]

As much as I tend to disagree with what you normally post, I 100% agree with you on this one.

[quote]stumpy wrote:
Sounds like a great way to head down the estrogen super highway. On the positive side I’m sure all the wives would think you’re the best thing next to all out lesbianism.[/quote]

Yep all that estrogen made me gain 17 lbs of muscle last year. Most guys couldn’t handle being a stay at home dad and when I tell them that I am, they get jealous as hell. So go to work and bend over for your bosses everyday and be part of the corporate grinder, I’ll hunt, fish , play guitar , lift and bang my lady everyday stress free. Yep and my wife does think I am the best thing and so do all the women she works with.

The only way to make it work is to have a good woman and to make sure you take care of yourself and your home responsibilites.

To answer the original question. YES, I most certainly could.

To the other issues, “stay at home” does not equate to no $$$. There are many, many ways to create cash flow besides punching a clock for someone and trading hours for dollars. Be creative, think passive income. Don’t get trapped into a false choice.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
The only way to make it work is to have a good woman and to make sure you take care of yourself and your home responsibilites.

[/quote]

This was my thought as well. I could do it, but the right woman would be essential.

I’m already a no-good piece of garbage and I am in the top 20% of earners in this country - I could only imagine if I was a stay at home dad.

I’d be even more worthless…

[quote]pparris wrote:
To answer the original question. YES, I most certainly could.

To the other issues, “stay at home” does not equate to no $$$. There are many, many ways to create cash flow besides punching a clock for someone and trading hours for dollars. Be creative, think passive income. Don’t get trapped into a false choice.[/quote]

QFT

The argument could be made that, if you have a boss, you are traveling the same estrogen-superhighway as a Mr. Mom.

I would never work for anyone again. I have done that, and have quit every job in which someone besides myself signed the paycheck.

Going on 10 years of me being my boss, and I have made more money in each successive year.

Even better than being my own boss is that I am a defacto stay-at-home dad because I set my own work hours, and am at home with the kids way more than most people.

Point being - if you are an employee, you sell your nuts to your boss in exchange for a paycheck.

If you are going to accuse a stay at home dad of being a nutless wonder, the only difference between you and him is the the FMV of your nuts.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Unless you have been gelded, you would not enjoy it.

Going to have to agree with Cadlaw on this one.

I am college grad with a criminal record for possesion of mary jane which stops me from entering a new job as a manager despite my management background and years of experience.

My wife currently makes more than I do, and I work closer to home and work 1 hour less a day. While I have always done EVERYTHING at home: dishes, cooking, shopping, cleaning, mail, etc. The only thing she does is her own laundry and that is because she is picky about her delicate bullshit. I do the kids laundry, cooking, cleaning, shopping, every fucking thing!

I can tell you first hand I cannot deal with that shit. The only thing I have is the ability to crush anyone making more cash than me physically. In today’s legal world that carries as much verasity as shooting someone. Whoopie!! I carry guns which happen to be attached to my arms!! Does that stop law enforcement? Does it stop her from dining in Paris with Francouis for a weekend? Fuck no!

In short, I feel like I am less than a man and my wife will stray any day now. Just a matter of time, unless I start bringing home the Dollar signs again.

Am I going to pummel the man she chooses…hell fucking yea…is it going to make a bit of difference…hell fucking no.

This type of thing is dictated over and over in history. The man makes the money, or he looses. Simple as that.

The courts support the woman. The man has no options.

Women suck=end of discussion!

[/quote]
WOW!

Pete, I sincerely think you need to change your mindset. I believe, to a large extent, people choose to be happy or not. I think you should choose to love your wife and not worry about all the bullshit. As they say “life’s too short”

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
stumpy wrote:
Sounds like a great way to head down the estrogen super highway. On the positive side I’m sure all the wives would think you’re the best thing next to all out lesbianism.

Yep all that estrogen made me gain 17 lbs of muscle last year. Most guys couldn’t handle being a stay at home dad and when I tell them that I am, they get jealous as hell. So go to work and bend over for your bosses everyday and be part of the corporate grinder, I’ll hunt, fish , play guitar , lift and bang my lady everyday stress free. Yep and my wife does think I am the best thing and so do all the women she works with.
[/quote]

If being gelded is worth 17 pounds to you, good for you. Keep it up cause I’m sure your kids are better off (i’m being serious). I have 3-4 months off every winter.

In fact I spent 3 weeks in hawaii this year of drinking, fighting, surfing, and screwing random jap. girls that love the howley boys. Spent a ton of time ice fishing and snowmobiling, and got allot of work done on my 72 bronco. yeah life as an employee sucks…

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
stumpy wrote:
[/quote]

Women do it all the time, does it make it any worse if a man does it? Women have just as much opportunity, if not more, than a man to bring in the bacon.

Or we can just write off the idea entirely and use the default rebuttal: “because they’re women and we’re men.”