Weed Legalization

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
It’s not really a free market. I’ve seen some pretty crazy prices recently. 20 a gram is just a stupid price to pay with the risks of buying, and I doubt it would be more than that under government regulation. So you might not save money but you save getting arrested.[/quote]

Maybe there’s a confusion of terms here… of course it’s not a free market now. A free market means no government involvement, and obviously the government is involved if it’s illegal.

But decriminalization doesn’t have to mean regulation.

The best case would be decriminalization without regulation or taxes. That would result in the lowest prices.

Regulation and taxes would both increase prices, and regulation would likely result in cartelization.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
eigieinhamr wrote:
jo3 wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
I personally think the right to ones on body is the most basic right so yes.

Couldn’t this same logic be used for all drugs?

Yes it could. But due to the much lower social harm from cannabis than from basically any other commonly used psychoactive drug (other than caffeine) it seems cannabis has a special position calling for the end of its prohibition.

Agreed. However, wouldn’t cocaine also have pretty low social harm? It’s not mind-altering.[/quote]

Maybe it would. The mind altering nature of a drug isn’t what gives it social harm. LSD has no social harm and is completely mind altering.
The harm caused by the drug (and it’s addictiveness) is generally what is considered socially harming. Most harm caused by drugs is a direct result of their illegality. This includes the crime that accompanies their use.

95% of poll wants pot legal

I wonder what would happen to the price of weed if it were legal. I am guessing it would drop, since the elevated costs associated with underground economy would be eliminated. I also it it might lessen the drug war. I doubt this will pass though, but I have seen stranger things.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I wonder what would happen to the price of weed if it were legal. I am guessing it would drop, since the elevated costs associated with underground economy would be eliminated. I also it it might lessen the drug war. I doubt this will pass though, but I have seen stranger things. [/quote]

It would lessen drug revenues to many criminal organisations. Some would collapse. The people to suffer the most would be the drug dealers and the DEA

I would like it legal. I see far more upside than downside. Not the least of which is really good stuff. I have a great connection, but the stuff my friends in CA with a prescription get is still usually a little better.

[quote]Evil Dude625 wrote:
i want to know how many agree with me and think weed should be once again legalized?[/quote]

It should be legal. In fact, the government should take over the drug trade and use the profits to pay down the national debt exclusively.

They should also work on a drug that would produce a great high but have very minimal side effects, kind of like Anavar. We could call it Soma. :slight_smile:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I wonder what would happen to the price of weed if it were legal. I am guessing it would drop, since the elevated costs associated with underground economy would be eliminated. I also it it might lessen the drug war. I doubt this will pass though, but I have seen stranger things. [/quote]

Mine would be free, grow your own

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I wonder what would happen to the price of weed if it were legal. I am guessing it would drop, since the elevated costs associated with underground economy would be eliminated. I also it it might lessen the drug war. I doubt this will pass though, but I have seen stranger things.

Mine would be free, grow your own[/quote]

Be careful, who knows how the law will differentiate between sales and distribution. I did time with a guy who grew weed yet never smoked it, and he didn’t have many plants.

Legalize it!

Somebody has to take the first step and it would be great if it was the country where this reefer madness originally started.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

Mine would be free, grow your own

Be careful, who knows how the law will differentiate between sales and distribution. I did time with a guy who grew weed yet never smoked it, and he didn’t have many plants. [/quote]

Thanks for the advice , sad but true

Weed where is it legal is not that cheap. I have paid upwards of $15/gm for some good stuff in Amsterdam. I am sure most of it went to taxation. “Legalizing” weed is not going to create a larger supply of it. It will just make it easier for government to bend you over and ass rape you some more.

As a solution I suggest growing your own. It is easy and most people wouldn’t know what it looks like even if it were growing under their own noses.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Weed where is it legal is not that cheap. I have paid upwards of $15/gm for some good stuff in Amsterdam. I am sure most of it went to taxation. “Legalizing” weed is not going to create a larger supply of it. It will just make it easier for government to bend you over and ass rape you some more.

As a solution I suggest growing your own. It is easy and most people wouldn’t know what it looks like even if it were growing under their own noses.[/quote]

At least there is no threat of jail

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

As a solution I suggest growing your own. It is easy and most people wouldn’t know what it looks like even if it were growing under their own noses.

At least there is no threat of jail[/quote]

There are far worse threats to ones life than being locked in a cage.

Civil disobedience works – even when the rest of the population is too chicken-shit to stand up for their own beliefs.

pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Civil disobedience works – even when the rest of the population is too chicken-shit to stand up for their own beliefs.[/quote]

You know you and I could have this debate, but I have a hard time believing you wonâ??t run away and refuse to communicate like a little girl. You need to finish the debates you start

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Civil disobedience works – even when the rest of the population is too chicken-shit to stand up for their own beliefs.

You know you and I could have this debate, but I have a hard time believing you wonâ??t run away and refuse to communicate like a little girl. You need to finish the debates you start

Believe it or not I actually took time away from my family while I was on vacation to reply to that post but for one reason or another it did not make it up. So let me waste even more time.

You have to defend yourself.  It is not right to expect others to take care of you.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

They should also work on a drug that would produce a great high but have very minimal side effects, kind of like Anavar. We could call it Soma. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I see what you did there.

You will probably appreciate this.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1736/200905amusingourselvest.png

/hijack

As a solution I suggest growing your own. It is easy and most people wouldn’t know what it looks like even if it were growing under their own noses.[/quote]

Some believe it should be legalised, and still grow their own. I would rather stand up for what I believe in than just rely on others to change, but if they can be changed then all the better. Covering both bases.

pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

You know you and I could have this debate, but I have a hard time believing you won�¢??t run away and refuse to communicate like a little girl. You need to finish the debates you start

Believe it or not I actually took time away from my family while I was on vacation to reply to that post but for one reason or another it did not make it up. So let me waste even more time.

You have to defend yourself.  It is not right to expect others to take care of you.[/quote]

Is this my answer? Pitiful, your answer is not even coherent.