Someone Sets Off Lunk Alarm

I don’t care how much of a dick this guy acts like. This video is gold.

I hope this was someone from T-Nation, haha. If only it was pizza day and he grabbed a pie on his way out.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Dude couldn’t even break the mirror ;)[/quote]

lol

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
I don’t care how much of a dick this guy acts like. This video is gold.[/quote]

Co-signs that video is comedic gold for any avid gym-goer.

Does anyone here actually workout at Planet Fitness? Just curious as to why this is such a popular topic on this forum.

He shoulda threw the gym staff around, woulve been funnier imo.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
I hate to break (ha ha ha) it to you, but those gym mirrors are generally plastic or plexiglass. They’re tough to break.[/quote]

I just took a pic this morning of the mirror I’m sort of responsible for breking at my gym. I’ll upload it later!

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Does anyone here actually workout at Planet Fitness? Just curious as to why this is such a popular topic on this forum.[/quote]
I think there are a few people who do because of special benefits, such as free/discounted membership to Planet Fitness provided by their employers.

It’s certainly not a popular choice I’m sure, for obvious reasons.

This video made me happy. I’d love to see more of this happen at that place (provided nobody gets hurt). It also would’ve been my favorite training session ever if I witnessed it in person.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Does anyone here actually workout at Planet Fitness? Just curious as to why this is such a popular topic on this forum.[/quote]

I did a few days a week up until recently. My gf joined and she gets to bring a guest every time she goes. No barbell free weights, dumbells only go up to 60 lbs.

It’s a popular topic because they have the Lunk Alarm. It get’s set off when you grunt, drop weights, basically make any noise while you lift, or judge others. There’s huge no grunting signs all over the gym. They also have a pizza day and a bagel day. Given the training culture on this site, you can see why this gym is highly ridiculed.

The one I went to wasn’t too strict. They have a smith machine right in front of the lunk alarm. I always grunted pretty loudly on my last reps doing heavy (for me) high incline presses.

Here’s the mirror I kind of broke.

The story is that there were 3 35lb plates on either side of the EZ curl on the preacher bench, and about 10 fixed barbells left around standing up like a forest, so in anger I pushed one of the bars out of the way and it fell on the preacher bench which as I said was over-loaded, so the preacher bench tipped over and its seat or something smashed into the mirror.
You can see the black parts are where they fixed it. Even in this picture you can see 2 barbells standing around, doing fuck all.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Here’s the mirror I kind of broke.

The story is that there were 3 35lb plates on either side of the EZ curl on the preacher bench, and about 10 fixed barbells left around standing up like a forest, so in anger I pushed one of the bars out of the way and it fell on the preacher bench which as I said was over-loaded, so the preacher bench tipped over and its seat or something smashed into the mirror.
You can see the black parts are where they fixed it. Even in this picture you can see 2 barbells standing around, doing fuck all.[/quote]

Wait. Three 35lbs plates on both sides of the bar? Meaning 6 plates on the EZ curl bar? WTF?

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Here’s the mirror I kind of broke.

The story is that there were 3 35lb plates on either side of the EZ curl on the preacher bench, and about 10 fixed barbells left around standing up like a forest, so in anger I pushed one of the bars out of the way and it fell on the preacher bench which as I said was over-loaded, so the preacher bench tipped over and its seat or something smashed into the mirror.
You can see the black parts are where they fixed it. Even in this picture you can see 2 barbells standing around, doing fuck all.[/quote]

Wait. Three 35lbs plates on both sides of the bar? Meaning 6 plates on the EZ curl bar? WTF?[/quote]

Dont sound too surprised. The guy who put them on probably couldn’t get them off, thats why they stayed.

Never interupt a training session Completly justified reaction!!!

^^ I have apic or a video of it somewhere here on another post.
Yes…3 35s on each side… I think it’s 225lbs! Yep, guys here are pretty weird, there’s no chance someone could do that. If there is someone who can, he never seems to leave 5 or 6 plates on the bench or squat rack!

205lbs

[quote]Otto the Ecto wrote:
He shoulda threw the gym staff around, woulve been funnier imo.[/quote]

whos your avatar?

[quote]SeanParent wrote:

[quote]Otto the Ecto wrote:
He shoulda threw the gym staff around, woulve been funnier imo.[/quote]

whos your avatar?[/quote]

Keanu Reeves, obviously.

^
Frank Zane

That was just stupid.

First of all, this poor girl was probably just doing what she was told to do. It is kind of her JOB.

Secondly, this asshole’s reaction doesn’t do anything except reinforce the twisted philosophy of Planet Fitness. He makes all of us look bad.

[quote]JonEightPackGuy wrote:
205lbs

What exercise is that supposed to be?