For Hypertrophy: Beyond 5/3/1 or First Book?

Holy cow that was fast shipping!

1 Like

Amazon prime!

1 Like

Assistance-wise, they’re not meant to really be challenging. And yes, you do the recommended number of reps for all 3 categories each training day. Start with way too little weight on the assistance work and increase slowly until the last rep is mildly challenging.

1 Like

Forever. For me, It’s the DEFINITIVE training book. Of all times.

1 Like

It’s hard for me to NOT go to the edge of failure, but if I want different results, I have to do something differently! Will stick to it 100%.

Yeah you do the prescribed reps from all 3 categories every workout. You don’t have to kill yourself. On squat BBB day, you could just do push ups, chins and an wheel or maybe a hamstrings exercise. Don’t let the assistance interfere with the main work. That doesn’t mean don’t work hard on assistance, you can bust your ass but just do it in a way that doesn’t affect the rest of the week.

1 Like

Yeah there’s no need to go to failure on anything outside of smaller less taxing exercises (like curls., push ups etc). You’re building a base, not trying to get a stimulus addiction in. There are programs in which you can push assistance really hard, but BBB isn’t it.

1 Like