Flour Tortillas for PWO?

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
WTF?

Sweet n low??

Eat that shii like a man. Throw that sugar packet away…

Id suggest oats instead. Good source of soluble and insoluble fiber, has some protein and is a good source of carbs.
Oats mix well with natty peanut butter and protien 2 for a tasty pwo shake[/quote]
Lol I have a huge sweet tooth and i tend to do really well cutting out sweets for a few days but i always end up binging so artificial sweeteners help control the urges.

^^^ you have to break that habit. How much sweet and low are we talking?

I’m sure its not just 1 little restuarant sugar packet, I doubt u would even taste that.

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
^^^ you have to break that habit. How much sweet and low are we talking?

I’m sure its not just 1 little restuarant sugar packet, I doubt u would even taste that.[/quote]
Its 2-3 packets and i have been slowly weening myself off of it. At my worst i used to use 8-10 packets i’d say ive made some progress lol.

Wow, 8 packets hahah.

Good job cutting that down then.

Good luck, I’m about to go add some extra slabs of clay to my shoulders

Hey i just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to read this and answer me. Nutrition isn’t my strongest subject so you guys are really helping.

[quote]jearbear wrote:
Hey i just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to read this and answer me. Nutrition isn’t my strongest subject so you guys are really helping.[/quote]

Everyone starts out where you are. There is alot to learn and several schools of thought on the subject. Don’t get discouraged/frustrated, there is plenty of trial and error involved in finding what works best for you. I’m looking forward to following your progress!

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]jearbear wrote:
Hey i just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to read this and answer me. Nutrition isn’t my strongest subject so you guys are really helping.[/quote]

Everyone starts out where you are. There is alot to learn and several schools of thought on the subject. Don’t get discouraged/frustrated, there is plenty of trial and error involved in finding what works best for you. I’m looking forward to following your progress! [/quote]

Some of the most sound advice that I’ve read on this forum in some time.

Really.

Trial and error; not getting frustrated. The way I eat and train is a hybrid of different camps of thought. This is through trial and error…

No use in following one approach dogmatically without assessing how it is really working for you. I can’t, nor can anyone on this site tell you exactly what to eat…but, I can give you an idea of what I eat and why I think it works. As can someone else…you have to apply it and then see for yourself.

It seems there are few things we agree on anymore on this forum. Everyone seems to be supplying conflicting information and it confuses people. Noone is really right or wrong persay…they just might be right or wrong for YOU.

Aside from not eating twinkies all day…most seem to disagree with everything else, lol. I get surprised when people tell me potatoes are bad, yet I personally rely on them as a carb source…

[quote]jearbear wrote:

[quote]dre1986 wrote:
Personally i stay well clear of any wheat products - man made rubbish which spikes your blood sugar like no ones business, also like most grains contains anti-nutrients that actually hinder the absorbtion of other nutrients

I’d say now and again it wont kill you but there are a lot better starchy carb sources out there

To list a few: rice (any kind) but i like basmati or brown, rice cakes, scottish or rolled oats, quinoa, sweet potatoes and white potatoes…

have a look at some of Nate Miyaki’s stuff on here - he wrote an article basically listing all carb sources and graded them accordingly [/quote]
I thought you wanted to eat high GI carbs PWO so why are rolled oats a good choice?[/quote]

I was going to say this, all the people recommending oats and brown rice PWO are retarded. Get some high GI carbs in, followed by a protein shake, and then a solid meal an hour later.

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]jearbear wrote:

[quote]dre1986 wrote:
Personally i stay well clear of any wheat products - man made rubbish which spikes your blood sugar like no ones business, also like most grains contains anti-nutrients that actually hinder the absorbtion of other nutrients

I’d say now and again it wont kill you but there are a lot better starchy carb sources out there

To list a few: rice (any kind) but i like basmati or brown, rice cakes, scottish or rolled oats, quinoa, sweet potatoes and white potatoes…

have a look at some of Nate Miyaki’s stuff on here - he wrote an article basically listing all carb sources and graded them accordingly [/quote]
I thought you wanted to eat high GI carbs PWO so why are rolled oats a good choice?[/quote]

I was going to say this, all the people recommending oats and brown rice PWO are retarded. Get some high GI carbs in, followed by a protein shake, and then a solid meal an hour later.[/quote]
While I’d prefer to have high insulinogenic stuff just prior and during my workout (ala SWF), I think what people are talking about is having oats/rice etc as a PWO MEAL, not directly after training. So there is a gap of 60-90 mins…

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]jearbear wrote:

[quote]dre1986 wrote:

I was going to say this, all the people recommending oats and brown rice PWO are retarded. Get some high GI carbs in, followed by a protein shake, and then a solid meal an hour later.[/quote]
While I’d prefer to have high insulinogenic stuff just prior and during my workout (ala SWF), I think what people are talking about is having oats/rice etc as a PWO MEAL, not directly after training. So there is a gap of 60-90 mins…[/quote]
so what should i have directly PWO> Whey protein +…?

PWO?

I’d say eat 4 whole chickens, 12 eggs, rolled oats mixed with natty peanut butter, and a bowl of salad(evoo for dressing)…

with a frosty mug o beer…

Sorry, hahahaha.

Read these:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/solving_the_postworkout_puzzle_part_1

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
PWO?

I’d say eat 4 whole chickens, 12 eggs, rolled oats mixed with natty peanut butter, and a bowl of salad(evoo for dressing)…

with a frosty mug o beer…

Sorry, hahahaha.

Read these:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/solving_the_postworkout_puzzle_part_1

[/quote]
NOW THATS MY KINDA MEAL!!! lol thanks for the articles by the way i’ll definately read them

Make sure you increase your rolled oats.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]jearbear wrote:

[quote]dre1986 wrote:

While I’d prefer to have high insulinogenic stuff just prior and during my workout (ala SWF), I think what people are talking about is having oats/rice etc as a PWO MEAL, not directly after training. So there is a gap of 60-90 mins…[/quote]

yes this is what i meant