Vitamin & Protein Supplements - My Experiences

If you have read my medical journey, you will know that I have had a hormonal imbalance for years that no doctors can explain, pinpoint or solve.

Because of that, I take a ridiculous amount of supplements/vitamins that different doctors have suggested … plus a few that I have added based on my reading here and other online posts.

These supplements have increased the spring in my step, because my wallet is no longer as heavy as it was.

We all have preferences in the supplements we take. I’m sharing mine because I am hoping others will add to the post and share pics and comments of theirs.

Before buying, I read the reviews on Amazon - but unlike buying a camera, I find reviews of supplements to be almost worthless. Half of them appear to be paid reviews and the other half posts don’t help (“I just received them”, “I guess they work”, “I can’t tell the difference”). And for many of the supplements, I feel the same way and wonder if they are helping me as much as they should.

The supplement I have been on the longest is my men’s daily vitamin. I chose this vitamin because I felt it had everything the doctor’s and forums were suggesting that older men should be taking.

It has the regular vitamins, the minerals (including zinc), Boron (to lower SHBG), and proprietary formulas for libido health. I can only get it via online orders I pay about $14.39 per bottle, or $.24 per DOSE.

I don’t like comparisons that show “cost per pill” because the number of pills you are supposed to take in many supplements vary from 1-6. For me, “cost per dose” make more sense when comparing to other supplements.

Does it work? I know that I was deficient in some of the vitamins I needed. Since starting this supplement years ago, I have never stopped. So sadly, can I say this supplement is really doing its job? No, I can’t say.

With all the supplements I take, I find that to be the case. I accept the word of doctors and others and take the suggested supplements in blind faith that they really work.

I’m interested to know if others feel the same way about the supplements you take.