The Pledge

I don’t know Mike. I wouldn’t necessarily freak out about this stuff too much.

To be very harsh, that group of morons spouting the nonsense on the video are worth absolutely nothing to us. The man who pumps the gas into my truck is 1000 times more valuable to me, and our society, than all of those oxygen-processors(their only function) combined. Who cares if that deranged hag wants to be a servant to our new president? Those types of people have been slaves all of their lives anyway…to drugs, to money, to their own ego…whatever.

Of course, the problem is, there is a growing legion of unwitting slaves in this country. I know this is the root of your concern. I can’t imagine celebrating anybody like I have seen done for Obama in the past two days. It is symbolic of so many cultural pathologies, I don’t know where to start.

That’s some scary-ass shit man.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
EmilyQ wrote:
Maybe they’ll even keep their silly promises…

I think that is what they are worried about.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be terribly worried about the actors keeping their silly promises. This is the same group, after all, that promised to emigrate from the United States if Bush were elected.

If the Prez endeavors to keep all of his promises, however, that’s a different matter.

I pledge to stop eating babies, to cut back to one cup of virgin blood a week, and to only kick the puppies that really deserve it.

I pledge to help control the pet population by having my pet spayed or neutered, biting the heads off bats and chickens, and eating more kitten pies.

And I pledge to represent America honestly and truthfully.

It’ll get interesting when ‘Big Stick’ time rolls around.

My issue was the “servant to Barack Obama”

We were founded never to be servants to a man, or men. More to an ideal. If these people will blindly follow Barack Obama, their mindless followers will blindly follow Barack Obama, and before we know it we will have an army of zombies running around our country.

We have enough sheep, we need zombie sheep?

I stopped with my kids at a little lemonade stand run by 8 year olds. After my kids bought their 25Cent cups, and we were off…the little girl shouted to me…“Thanks for Supporting Barack Obama!” I turned around and said “What did you say?” Her friend shusshed her and said “I told you to stop saying that”.

The hype is outrageous and it’s even with the kids now.

My daughters 4th grade teacher wrote on her homework yesterday…“Hope”. He’s an Obama fanatic and showed the anauguration on tv to the class. His notes are now “Obama-esq.”

I told my daughter that hope is good, but action and determination to achieve your goals is a lot more important than hope. Hope is a wish. Action ensures success. Nobody ever advanced their lives by simply “Hoping”.

Cleary movie stars and musicians are better than us “common folk”.

I’m glad that I have people like Ashton Kucher, Puff Daddy, and some tattooed weirdo to tell me what to do!

Obama loving is the new “in” accessory. I love the ones who don’t know shit about his opinions on the issues, yet shout “change” and “hope.” He is a walking Livestrong Braclet, people like him cuz it’s cool, not for any meaningful reason.

Look, I wonder where all these pledger’s been for the last eight years, or even the last 16, hell, how about their entire lives? Where have they been? If they all had been doing their part, would the real estate market have crashed? Would the stock market be in the toilet? But, because these greedy little terds wanted money more than they cared about others, we are in the mess we are in now.

But suddenly now, it is popular to care about others? Common, pull your heads out of your third point of contact.

People actually believe that OBAMA is Moses and is going to suddenly lead us into some sort of promised land. It is really disgusting.

I wish him nothing but the best, but common, you’ve got politicians from both parties in DC who do nothing more than cause problems, and we expect them to actually accomplish anything? Nothing is going to change until there is someway of holding them accountable other than just re-electing the same idiots every time.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
I stopped with my kids at a little lemonade stand run by 8 year olds. After my kids bought their 25Cent cups, and we were off…the little girl shouted to me…“Thanks for Supporting Barack Obama!” I turned around and said “What did you say?” Her friend shusshed her and said “I told you to stop saying that”.

The hype is outrageous and it’s even with the kids now.

My daughters 4th grade teacher wrote on her homework yesterday…“Hope”. He’s an Obama fanatic and showed the anauguration on tv to the class. His notes are now “Obama-esq.”

I told my daughter that hope is good, but action and determination to achieve your goals is a lot more important than hope. Hope is a wish. Action ensures success. Nobody ever advanced their lives by simply “Hoping”.

[/quote]

This really disgusts me. Support who you want. Hell, serve who you want to serve, but leave kids out of it.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
I pledge I will never be a servant to Barack Obama or any man as long as I can still stand, breathe and fight.

How’s that for a pledge?[/quote]

x2

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Why are none of them here pledging their servitude? Pussies.[/quote]

Because some of us never take anything on myspace seriously.

Not too mention some of us support the man but it doesn’t mean we’ll bow down to him.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Which promises in particular frightened you or seemed ominous?[/quote]

Jesus Christ, did you not watch the video? Anthony Kiedis openly announced his alliegence to a FOREIGN NATION! He should be executed for treason. How about that guy who is no longer going to flush after taking a piss? That is the kind of discourteous behavior that is eroding the moral fiber on which this country was founded. It’s sheeple like you who are allowing this process to occur. That clip is direct evidence that Barack Obama is the beast foretold of in the book of Revelation.

Edit: oh damn, I just saw the end of it and Kiedis is the only one who does the pledge to Obama. Man, what a tool.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Obama loving is the new “in” accessory. I love the ones who don’t know shit about his opinions on the issues, yet shout “change” and “hope.” He is a walking Livestrong Braclet, people like him cuz it’s cool, not for any meaningful reason. [/quote]

I live near Harvard Square in Massachusetts, so I’ve gotten a lot of exposure to this phenomenon. I remember earlier this fall seeing a “Got Hope” bumper sticker. I found myself wondering whether the owner of the car was actually so depressed that the only thing they could find in life was Obama’s campaign, or whether he or she was just a smarmy douchebag who doesn’t think before slapping garbage onto his or her car. I’m guessing it’s the latter.

Sooooo… what is scary about this? -_-