[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Musashi92 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Musashi92 wrote:

1. Wars of repeated aggression against neighbouring states
  2. breaking the non proliferation treaty
  3. Harbouring international terrorists
    [/quote]
  1. He was punished severely for his invasion of Kuwait circa 1991.
  2. Which articles of the NPT did Iraq concretely violate leading up to the Iraq War?
  3. The alleged links between Saddamn and al-Qaida were not substantiated by the official analysis from the intelligence community before the war.[/quote]

I am on my way out but just a quick clarification about the third one with regards to harbouring terrorists. Sadam publicly supported Iraqi’s involved in terrorist activity, the regime officially gave the families of Iraqi suicide bombers money and houses as rewards for their martyrdom in various terror attacks in Israel and other places.
That alone is supporting and harbouring terrorists.[/quote]

After Iraq’s allegedly robust CBRN programs, the regime’s intimate support of al-Qaida was cited as a leading casus belli. Neither were substantiated by the IC.[/quote]

Not by me. I am citing legitimate reasons for removing a tyrant, not the given reasons.

[quote]Musashi92 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Musashi92 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Musashi92 wrote:

1. Wars of repeated aggression against neighbouring states
  2. breaking the non proliferation treaty
  3. Harbouring international terrorists
    [/quote]
  1. He was punished severely for his invasion of Kuwait circa 1991.
  2. Which articles of the NPT did Iraq concretely violate leading up to the Iraq War?
  3. The alleged links between Saddamn and al-Qaida were not substantiated by the official analysis from the intelligence community before the war.[/quote]

I am on my way out but just a quick clarification about the third one with regards to harbouring terrorists. Sadam publicly supported Iraqi’s involved in terrorist activity, the regime officially gave the families of Iraqi suicide bombers money and houses as rewards for their martyrdom in various terror attacks in Israel and other places.
That alone is supporting and harbouring terrorists.[/quote]

After Iraq’s allegedly robust CBRN programs, the regime’s intimate support of al-Qaida was cited as a leading casus belli. Neither were substantiated by the IC.[/quote]

Not by me. I am citing legitimate reasons for removing a tyrant, not the given reasons.
[/quote]

I am arguing from the positivist position - what is - while you are arguing from the normative - what ought to be. In my opinion, Realpolitik should be the foundation of foreign policy formulation. Legitimate =/= pragmatic.