Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 2)

In terms if how they moved, how deep they were, how they felt. It definitely was one of my best.

I noticed hip and knee were angry again yesterday so will need to keep an eye on that and maybe start doing some more preventative rehab stuff.

3 Likes

Wednesday 17th April - week 3

Deadlift
Glutes a lot less sore than last week.
Bar x 10
60 x 5
100 x 3
140 x 2. Double overhand
Add belt and mixed grip
160 x 1
180 x 4 x 2 sets - (396 lbs) - RPE 8, 8,
180 x 2 - form getting bad, stopped there.
Sore glutes making me use too much back off the floor and upper back not that happy.

Hammer Inc press
65 x 3 sets - 9, 7, 7

Hammer strength row
52.5 x 10 x 3 sets
Solid reps. Hard work.

Pull ups (wire grip)
3 sets - 8 8 8
Doing these on a slightly thinner straight bar and they get way harder. So weird.

Hammer curls
17.5 x 12 x 3 sets

Not really happy with deadlift but given the leg and glute soreness and the upper back situation it wasn’t all bad. Rest of the session was good.

Had a recovery omelette for dinner. 6 eggs, half a lbs of bacon and cheese. And a little chopped fresh chilli on the side

Back looking strong tonight (even with crap lighting LOL)

23 Likes

I feel the glute pain. I did Bulgarian Split Squats 3 days ago and I’m still extremely sore.

1 Like

They really are the worse, and I often wonder if the gains I get from them is worth the impact on other movements.

1 Like

Love the deadlifts!

Lots of meat in both of those pics!

4 Likes

Nice definition coming in on your traps and shoulders.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, long way to go to see any real definition, but at least the muscles are swole enough to show what might be there. LOL

1 Like

Hopefully lunch is @QuadQueen approved

12 Likes

Not gonna lie, I may have cried a little bit looking at that. So proud.

2 Likes

It was super yummy too

1 Like

Did you take the skin off the chicken wing? :wink:

absolutely no way. I also ate the bone,

5 Likes

Friday 19th April - week 3

Squat
Bar x 10
60 x 5
80’x 3
100 x 2
110 x 8 x 3 sets - (242 lbs) RPE 3, 3, 3
RPE as low but Back was in all sorts of pain from deadlift. Used a belt to keep everything tight. Legs felt good, reps were easy.

Bench
Bar x 10
60 x 5
80 x 3
100 x 1
105 x 5 x 5 sets (231 lbs )- RPE 8, 8, 9, 9.5, 9.5
Really solid .

Lat pull downs
65 x 12 x 3 sets

Rolling tricep ext
17.5 x 3 sets
15, 15, 12

Other than my back being toast the workout was pretty good. Happy with bench and that’s all that really matters.

13 Likes

Strongman Saturday

More log press practice

63 x 3 x 2 sets
73 x 2 x 2 sets
78 x 1 x 2 sets
83 x 1 x 2 sets
85.5kg x 1 x 5 sets (188 lbs)
Held my breath a little long on rep 4 and starting seeing stars as the press got to the top. The reps at 85.5KG weren’t great. Technically still a lot of work to do.

73kg - 8 x clean n press (161 lbs) single set - went for 9 and failed. That was a hard hard set. Lungs burning by the end.

16 Likes

Australia’s strongest man day 2 today. It is up in Sydney so having to watch the live stream on Kayo. Jordy who trains at my gym sitting in first place after 4 events. 2 more events to go, this is Jordy’s to lose.

4 Likes

Nice hard work on those clean and presses

1 Like

Yer they were harder than I wanted today but I expected them to be tough based on how sore and tired I was.

1 Like

Got out for a nice walk with the family on Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning was lawn bowl with my son. Two great ways to get some movement and recovery.

9 Likes

In your t-ransformation pics, those baby cows are poppin’ mate!

1 Like

Thanks mate, they did look like they were working hard. Maybe one day I will find the time or inclination to train them.