Recuperation

Here is my problem MY FUCKING HAMSTRING ARE SORE 6 DAY OUT OF 7.

I am currently doing a Ian King style plit with Quads Dominant and Hips Dominant day. I deadlift wide grip/stiff-legged to hit my posterior chain no problem here, I do that monday.

The second leg day of the week (thursday) I hit the squat with generaly high/mid bar and with narrow/mid stance. BUT FUCK THIS SEEMS TO HIT MY HAMS PRETTY HARD TOO. I end up been sore in hams 6 day out of 7.

I am presently thinking of doing that split instead give me feeback.

A=Hips Dominant
B=Horizontal lifts+biceps
C=Quads Dominant
D=Vertical lifts+triceps

Monday: A-D-C-B
Wednesday: B-A-D-C
Friday: C-B-A-D

Thanks and keep fighting

What’s your warm up and cool down like? i always do them so I wouldn’t get that sore or often for that matter. (I use westside template so you can see it tends to hit posterior chain hard)

Try some light sled dragging on your off days. Search for Drag your Butt into Shape by Dave Tate.

If you are SDL without a 15-20 degree bend in your knee your glutes will not be active and too much of the stress will be directed to the hamstrings. The glutes are a large thick muscle designed to move a lot of weight while the hams are longer muscles with less capabilities than the glutes. Thus the hamstrings can get overworked/injured while using this technique, especially with a lot of weight. Your problem could also come from an anteriorly tilted pelvis which will put the hamstring in a constant lengthened state and the body will tighted this muscle to try to keep the pelvis in a normal position.

[quote]Boss14 wrote:
If you are SDL without a 15-20 degree bend in your knee your glutes will not be active and too much of the stress will be directed to the hamstrings. The glutes are a large thick muscle designed to move a lot of weight while the hams are longer muscles with less capabilities than the glutes. Thus the hamstrings can get overworked/injured while using this technique, especially with a lot of weight. Your problem could also come from an anteriorly tilted pelvis which will put the hamstring in a constant lengthened state and the body will tighted this muscle to try to keep the pelvis in a normal position.[/quote]

Wow, what an anwers! Yes I do have a little anterior tilted pelvis but this is getting better as I pnf stretch the hips flexors 2 day a week. And yes I bend my hamstring. I don,t know if It is a lot, but I have done 465 twice last week and I plan to be in a meet for the october 10th.

Thanks Boss 14, adonail

Since you mentioned you’ll be pulling in a meet I’ll assume you are also deadlifting from the floor (sumo or conv?). So I’m figuring your using the SLD as an assitance movement for the P-Chain…switch that to a Romanian Deadlift. These are done with a constant knee bend and will train the p-chain much more effectivly since the glutes will be active.

I am currently doing a snatch grip deadlift to help my weakness. In 1 week I will start doing narrow grip medium stance deadlift to see what I am able to do with a technique that’s a bit more closer than what I will do in the meet Itself. My squat is currently Low bar/wide stance and in 1 week I will move to medium bar/medium stance since It’s my position of force where I can lift the most.

Thanks again that was the kind of advice I was looking for.

adonail