Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

There was a change in plans. Went to the Georgia aquarium yesterday. Stone moutain today and Helen tomorrow

We ended up not walking it.

4 Likes

How did you get up? Is that a gondola?

Yep gondola, we cheated.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

The heavy foliage of the east amazes me. You can hide towns and suburbs in the variety of trees that grow in the east. I walk out my front door it is desert and potatoes until the next mountain range.

1 Like

4 Likes

My family from Colorado always feels claustrophobic when they visit. They say they can’t see where they are at. :joy:

3 Likes

I was in the Redwoods once and felt like things were closing in.

2 Likes

Viking press: 5/3/1 pro 5 plus 2 jokers
FSL 3 x 8 @ 75% this felt light as hell

Ng pull downs : 50/5 @ sw Tr 52
Trap bar shrugs : 40 /3 @ sw TR 45
Band push downs: 100 total …meat is falling off the bone.

Not bad considering I was sick for the previous 6 days. Making the vacation i took suck.

5 Likes

^ Name the singer for a" no prize"

Due to a scheduling conflict i am running back to back days.

Squats( buffalo bar) 5/3/1 pro 5 plus 2 jokers for 3.

OK GOT A WILD HAIR AND GOT STUPID…

Did extra sets progressing with singles
Stop shy of failure progressing up.

FSL 3 x 8 @ 70% Ssbar

GMs : 5x10 @ Sw
Step ups: 5 x 8 @ sw
Suitcase deadlifts: 4 x10 @ sw

Well crap… things are rebounding fast. To the point my training max sure isnt 85% of my 1 RM now. At least on squat , bench and deads. Which i assumed would happen. But not this soon.

5 Likes

Glenn Danzig! :grinning:

3 Likes

We HAVE A WINNER!

1 Like

The rebound phenomenon occurred to me during a 4 week involuntary lay off due to asthmatic bronchitis in march this year. Took me about two months to get back with proper weights.

I guess all is well as long as we make resistance against aging and sarcopenia - through consistency. Much like you seem to do! Good effort there, man!

Yeah… in my case after my 2 year layoff i knew that things would probably rebound fairly quickly. Which they have … ugh but like ive said before i need to be conservative on progressing back allowing my ligaments and tendons to readapt .

1 Like

Yes, recovery is a bitch indeed.

1 Like