Best Dogs?

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
dre wrote:
The brown one is a boxer/lab mix

A Boxador, awesome mix. I’m keeping the 2 breeds separate, but getting a Boxer this coming June to go with my currently 4-month old yellow lab. Talk about energy…[/quote]

Boxers do have energy to burn but you’re making a great choice in dogs. I think people’s opinions on dogs are almost as close to the heart as a split vs TBT debate. My 2 cents is that they are close to the best big dog going around and the British Bulldog takes the cake for smaller dogs (That’s as small as I’d go).

Some people think they are ugly but I think they have real character and look great.

[quote]Johnny Drama wrote:

Boxers do have energy to burn but you’re making a great choice in dogs. I think people’s opinions on dogs are almost as close to the heart as a split vs TBT debate. My 2 cents is that they are close to the best big dog going around and the British Bulldog takes the cake for smaller dogs (That’s as small as I’d go).

Some people think they are ugly but I think they have real character and look great. [/quote]

Agreed on all points.

Boxers are definitely not ugly. The people who think they’re ugly, probably are however.

Pugs on the other hand…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

Agreed on all points.

Boxers are definitely not ugly. The people who think they’re ugly, probably are however.

Pugs on the other hand…[/quote]

Haha. I think they are actually quite majestic. They are powerful looking dogs and with the right coat and markings you would be heard pressed to find a better dog in my opinion.

My brother has been toying with buying one of these pups. Brilliant markings and great bloodlines.

I had a german shephard (actually german shephard/ husky mix) for a while and they’re great dogs! They’re similar to what most people have posted about their dog regarding personality and they are very friendly dogs (at least mine was lol). Really dogs are awesome pets so whichever kind you choose I wish you the best of luck.

IWM

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Johnny Drama wrote:

Some people think they are ugly but I think they have real character and look great.

Agreed on all points.

You contradict yourself on an opinionated statement.

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:

You contradict yourself on an opinionated statement.[/quote]

Where did I do that? I simply stated the opinionated hypothesis that people who call boxers ugly, are probably in fact ugly themselves, as people. I didn’t contradict myself anywhere.

You can feel free to call me a hypocrite for insinuating that pugs are ugly instead, or even state your own thoughts that I’M probably ugly for thinking that pugs are ugly, but I’m certainly not contradictory.

[quote]Johnny Drama wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

Agreed on all points.

Pugs on the other hand…

Haha. I think they are actually quite majestic. They are powerful looking dogs and with the right coat and markings you would be heard pressed to find a better dog in my opinion.

My brother has been toying with buying one of these pups. Brilliant markings and great bloodlines.

[/quote]

Damn, I want one! Beautiful little guys!

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Johnny Drama wrote:

Agreed on all points.

My sister and bro-in-law have a puggle. It’s the ugliest thing ever. It’s not even a dog really.

i disagree that a GIANT breed dog is not a good choice for an apartment. by giant breeds, i mean great danes, mastiffs, irish wolf hounds, saint bernards, new foundlands, etc. thise are not LARGE dogs, 70-100lbs, but GIANT dogs, 130-200lbs.

true giant breeds (once adults) are very very low energy dogs, require very little exercise and have very even mellow temperments.

i have had a 170lb irish wolfhound, fostered a 210lb irish wolfhound for a few months(katrina rescue), and currently own a 120lb lab/bullmastiff mix and a 160-170lb great dane. the dane is still a puppy, the mastiff lab mix is an old man at 6-7 years old. you have to coax the mastiff of the cough with food to go on a walk. the dane puppy has more energy, but not much, when he fills out completely and is out of his puppy years, he will be as laid back as my other dog.

[quote]dre wrote:

Damn, I want one! Beautiful little guys![/quote]

Yeah, there’s some good breeding there. If my yard situation was up to scratch for a boxer I would have taken home one of those for sure. Probably front left on the pic.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:

You contradict yourself on an opinionated statement.

Where did I do that? I simply stated the opinionated hypothesis that people who call boxers ugly, are probably in fact ugly themselves, as people. I didn’t contradict myself anywhere.

You can feel free to call me a hypocrite for insinuating that pugs are ugly instead, or even state your own thoughts that I’M probably ugly for thinking that pugs are ugly, but I’m certainly not contradictory.[/quote]

It’s funny that when I used to walk my boxer I was stopped by people on a daily basis saying that it was a great looking dog. I’d get people asking where they could get one and all sorts of general questions. On the other hand, I have a friend who has a pug and he never gets stopped when walking it and most people’s opinions are that it is flat out ugly. I can see people not finding boxers attractive but they are a very popular dog and I can fully understand why.

When we would be out walking Elwood, people would stopa nd coo over him, stooping to pet him and get licked, enjoying how lovable he was…and then they would ask what his breed was. And we always answered, knowing how 99% of people would react:

Them: He’s so cute and lovable, what kind of dog is he?

Us(waiting for inevitable entertainment of watching sheeple act like retards): He’s a pitbull.

Them(wordless as they recoil in terror from this ‘vicious’ dog)

Hours of fun for the whole family…

[quote]boatguy wrote:
When we would be out walking Elwood, people would stopa nd coo over him, stooping to pet him and get licked, enjoying how lovable he was…and then they would ask what his breed was. And we always answered, knowing how 99% of people would react:

Them: He’s so cute and lovable, what kind of dog is he?

Us(waiting for inevitable entertainment of watching sheeple act like retards): He’s a pitbull.

Them(wordless as they recoil in terror from this ‘vicious’ dog)

Hours of fun for the whole family…[/quote]

I get that all the time.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Get a laser pointer. The dog will spend hours chasing it. This, of course, equals hours of laughs.

I have a Jack Russell. He loves that thing and all he wants to do after chasing that light is sit in my lap and watch tv.

HAHAHA yeah my staffie does the same thing, only I use a petzl LED headtorch, up and down the stairs, or I take a CD outside on a sunny day and have my dog chase it around.

Lots of laughs and lots of exercise for the dog.

Bushy[/quote]
I’ve got a Jack and contrary to what people say, she’s a great appartment dog. In the evening when it’s play time, I just throw a tennis ball over and over again, she can chase that damn ball for hours. Always has a goofy smile, and loves to cuddle. Super smart too.