Saturday 6/29

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Sunday 6/30

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Just realized I never said this in my log - officially scheduled for hernia surgery in mid August. So I’m looking at about six more weeks of pull-ups & leaning out via more judicious nutrition, surgery, a brief recovery period (I’ll probably do about 4 more weeks of just pull-ups, maybe end of September, before reintroducing barbell training).

1 Like

Monday 7/1

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

6, 5, 5

Angles90 Pull-ups

5, 5, 5

Being as it may that I’m just living on pull-ups - I ordered myself a Rogue DogBone to add even more grip options. Once that arrives I’ll probably do a daily medley of three sets of each of (regular pull-ups, Angles90 pull-ups, and DogBone pull-ups).

The Angles90 roughly mimics doing pull-ups on rings.

The DogBone basically has a cannonball-like grip on each end.

Should be fun.

2 Likes

Tuesday 7/2

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

6, 6, 5

Angles90 Pull-ups

5, 5, 5

1 Like

Wednesday 7/3

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

6, 6, 6

Angles90 Pull-ups

5, 5, 5

Thursday 7/4

PULL-UP TEST

Pull-ups

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 9 (recent PR)

Five triples to get good and warmed up, then a nice set of 9 at bodyweight 227.

Hoping for something like 12 @ 220 by summer’s end before I go under the knife.

Friday 7/5

CONDITIONING

Super Thick Grip Pull-ups

10 x 3

Did these on a basketball hoop (not hanging from the rim - on the back of the basket support, which was at least 3” thick) at a playground while my kids played. Gotta improvise some while traveling!

Saturday 7/6

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

Staying at a hotel whose fitness center has an actual pull up bar at my disposal for today & tomorrow - thank goodness!

Sunday 7/7

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Monday 7/8

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

Being super consistent with training. How have you felt after training days?

Tuesday 7/9

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

Last two days have been staying at a house in a fairly remote locale, but thankfully the house has super sturdy wooden crossbeams, one of which (in my bedroom!) is just the right height for pull-ups. Heading home today.

My upper body feels and looks great - responds very well to this high frequency medium-ish volume pull-up thing. Just gonna ride it until my hernia surgery. Hopefully after that I can reintroduce barbell training and build up from there, but this time for real I am keeping pull-ups as a regular staple in the program, it just feels so good that I’m mad I ever let them fall out of my programming.

1 Like

Wednesday 7/10

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

6, 6, 4, 4, 4

Today I was feeling a bit run down after all the travel and some work stress so it didn’t go quite as planned (I was going to try to do 6’s across and by the third set it just wasn’t there).

I think tomorrow I’ll try to pick up in the StrongFirst pull-up program from the “7 reps for the first set” date and run that for the rest of July until I have another bit of travel (targeting re-test on August 1). If I’m diligent on the pull-ups & nutrition, I do think “12 pull-ups at bodyweight 220” will be attainable by August 1.