5, 4, 4, 3, 2

Push-ups

10, 10, 10, 10, 10

2 Likes

Wednesday 6/5

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 5

Pull-ups

5, 5, 4, 3, 2 (+3, 3, 3)

I know this is a slight “YNDTP” but as this program is a low-volume program which is meant for people who are doing other training (eg boxing, MMA, wrestling) and I am otherwise limited at the moment, I’ve decided to add a bonus of 3 x 3 at the end until I get into a little higher-volume section of the program (maybe once I’m at the point where the first set is 8+ reps).

2 Likes

Thursday 6/6

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 6

Pull-ups

6, 5, 4, 3, 2 (+3, 3, 3)

1 Like

Friday 6/7

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 7

Pull-ups

6, 5, 4, 3, 3 (+3, 3, 3)

Saturday 6/8

PULL-UP TEST

Pull-ups

3, 3, 3, 7, 3, 3, 3

Just wanted to see where I stood. My first set or two of pull-ups always feels like shit if I haven’t warmed up otherwise, so I think my standard test day will start with 3 sets of 3 to make sure I am warmed up. I would like to be doing better than 7, but that’s why I’m doing the program…will be hitting 10 by the end of this month if I am smart with my nutrition.

1 Like

Sunday 6/9

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 9

Pull-ups

6, 5, 4, 4, 3

Pull-ups (Angles90 grips)

3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Bought myself some Angles90 grips to give an alternate angle of attack. Liked the feeling of them - nice change of pace from a fixed bar. New plan to consider - I might keep doing the regular 5 sets of the StrongFirst program on my straight bar (note: I always do pull-ups with an overhand grip unless otherwise noted) and finish/augment the workout with a few triples using Angles90 grips.

3 Likes

Monday 6/10

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 10

Pull-ups

6, 5, 5, 4, 3

3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Set up a little separate rig for using my Angles90 grips at home so they hang a little higher from the ground than my pull-up bar (otherwise they kind of dangle so low that I have to awkwardly fold my legs up to avoid touching the ground between reps). Really digging the feel of these.

2 Likes

Tuesday 6/11

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 11

5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Admittedly going slightly off program for a few days. Traveling and the gym I found to work out here has pull-up bar setup that I don’t really like (a little too tall for me and pull-up bar thicker than I am used to), so I’m just going to use my Angles90 grips for the workouts this week. And, on very little sleep in the last 36 or so hours of travel, instead of the exact reps I just did 5 x 5 today. Sue me.

1 Like

Wednesday 6/12

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 12

Pull-ups

6, 5, 5, 4, 3

3, 3, 3

1 Like

Thursday 6/13

SFG PULL-UP PROGRAM: DAY 13

Pull-ups

3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Pull-ups (Angles90)

3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Still traveling and on a disrupted sleep schedule, so today just did all triples.

2 Likes

Friday 6/14

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups (Angles90)

10 x 3

I’ll be traveling a bit the next few days and may actually not have any opportunity to work out, but it’ll do me good for a forced day or two of rest from pull-ups. When I get back home next week, I think I’m going to keep the idea of the StrongFirst pull-up program, but start alternating days of the regular “5 sets, add a rep per day” (which I’ll do on a regular pull-up bar with an overhand grip) mixed with “10 triples” on the alternate days using the Angles90 grips for some variety. My shoulders are feeling OK even with all the pull-ups, but I’d like to keep it that way.

2 Likes

Saturday 6/15

Tons of walking (on a sightseeing tour with several stops where we got out & walked) but no chance to get to a gym (we had to leave before the gym opened for the day).

1 Like

Sunday 6/16

Travel day - no opportunity to work out. I actually tried to go to the O’Hare Hilton gym during a layover, but apparently they no longer allow that - it’s for hotel guests only. Anyways, back to it today (Monday) in a little bit.

Monday 6/17

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

Tuesday 6/18

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

Wednesday 6/19

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

I forget if I said this already, but I think until I get my weight down a little more (220ish) and get this hernia repaired, I’m just gonna stick to 10 daily triples of pull-ups (done E2MOM).

1 Like

Thursday 6/20

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

Friday 6/21

CONDITIONING

Pull-ups

10 x 3

1 Like