45, Educate Me On TRT

Hello Everyone.

Has been a delightful week, I spent it in the hospital with kidney stones. All I can say is worse pain ever imaginable. For anyone who doesn’t know, they go up your peckerhole with a little claw on the end of a wire, grab the stone and yank it out. To make matters worse, yep , they get worse. After they rip this stone out thru your urethral, they go back in and leave a plastic tube which will need to be removed 3-5 days later while your AWAKE. Once again they go in thru the peckerhole to remove tube (Stent) they left in their on purpose the first time.

I have gained an average of 7 pounds per year over the last 20 years, regardless of how lazy or how physical I have been. Question: is the weight gain caused by lazy thyroid and LOW T
OR is the lazy thyroid and LOW T caused by the weight gain???

I have a followup appt with my Integrative Medicine doctor on Tuesday. To discuss my blood work from beginning of June. Blood work shows lazy thyroid and Low T.
According to their site, they specialize in BHRT.

MEDICAL TREATMENT

Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy must be administered by a well-trained physician who will first evaluate your existing medical condition and run a variety of tests to determine your hormone levels. Hormone levels should also be monitored during and after your treatment to ensure optimal health results and minimize side effects.
HOLISTIC APPROACH

BHRT combined with lifestyle modifications, changes in diet, and increased levels of exercise can have a positive impact on your health, improve your quality of life, and help you look better and feel younger. A comprehensive medical approach is needed to optimize your health, renew your energy levels, and restore your body to feeling years younger. Hormone replacement therapy requires a holistic approach, if you want to slow down the aging process, stay healthy, and live longer.

I am not certain what their procedures are or how the conversation may go. I also don’t fully understand the difference between BHRT vs TRT.

KSman,
How would I make the argument to my doctor to do things your way?